FJ-09 Photo Thread

• Premium Member

Southern WV - Lewisburg and the surrounding area had great weather last weekend.  I rode the Dingess Tunnel, Burke's Garden and many twisty roads between here and there.  1300 miles in 4 days.  Time for a new rear tire.

Pics are of:

Bluestone Lake on the New River near Hinton, WV

The big rock at Burke's Garden, VA

Group lunch at Smokehouse Barbecue in Glenville, WV

wv bluestone.jpg

wv burkes garden.jpg

wv Glenville.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

https://ridemsta.com/oh-tmr/  Riding makes me happy. "Do it or don't do it - you'll regret both." - Soren Kierkegaard

2015 FJ-09, 60k miles, Hord Power ECU, K-Tech suspension, MC Cruise

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, duhg said:

Southern WV - Lewisburg and the surrounding area had great weather last weekend.  I rode the Dingess Tunnel, Burke's Garden and many twisty roads between here and there.  1300 miles in 4 days.  Time for a new rear tire.

Pics are of:

Group lunch at Smokehouse Barbecue in Glenville, WV

wv Glenville.jpg

Is that 2 BMWs, 3 FJRs, and you?

Went thru New River Gorge on my dad's Vulcan and I've always wanted to get back there on a sportier bike. Might have a chance for a quick trip maybe next summer. 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, 1moreroad said:

Is that 2 BMWs, 3 FJRs, and you?

It is Africa Twin, Triumph Tiger Explorer, 3 FJRs and me.  I got to relax at the back for a change.

https://ridemsta.com/oh-tmr/  Riding makes me happy. "Do it or don't do it - you'll regret both." - Soren Kierkegaard

2015 FJ-09, 60k miles, Hord Power ECU, K-Tech suspension, MC Cruise

• Supporting Member

Yesterday and today we had a some cool but sunny afternoons before the rains return on Monday, I was able to get a few hours of riding in each day.  Nowhere special, just some twisty roads through rural farmland.

image.thumb.png.04302595481d79c19c6b16843738f9fd.png

image.thumb.png.2190d2c32d552ad210d007066e117f11.png

image.thumb.png.4bd28ffcbd632b3bd774e368ed5fa234.png

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member

IDYLIC!

Your FJ looks so "busy" compared to mine...

Maybe it's your smoked screen & top spoiler, chin fairing and what you did to the front fender, side of the tank (just below and in front of the TechSpec tank grips; I have clear Stomp grips on the tank and black on the sub-panel) and pillion hand holds.  Oh and you got rid of the license plate extension.  No hugger extension?  Mine keeps the K-Tech a lot cleaner.

Or that the images are a bit grainy 

Is that the Engage TB or City?  (I have both)

20210610_193529.jpg

20210611_205611.jpg

20210330_174656.jpg

20210330_174732.jpg

20210702_173701.jpg

20210814_165545.jpg

• Supporting Member
5 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

IDYLIC!

Your FJ looks so "busy" compared to mine...

Maybe it's your smoked screen & top spoiler, chin fairing and what you did to the front fender, side of the tank and pillion hand holds.

Or that the image is grainy 

Is that the Engage TB or City?  (I have both)

Yes, I wanted some contrasting colored bits on the bike and decided some silver would change things up a bit.  The passenger handles, the contoured lower side of the front fender and fake air intake section are all painted silver.

I was not too thrilled having to recently put the large screen and spoiler back on for colder weather (I hate the looks and it makes me realize that winter is coming) ☹️  At least the ride gave me the opportunity to fine tune the spoiler height and angle for wind and noise reduction, even at 80mph on the highway I could hear the engine and exhaust. 

The tank bag is the original EVO Engage which I think is now discontinued.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member
6 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Nice! I'm thinking of getting a pair.

What's the discount code again, if it's still active?

Well worth it IMO. Save your hands and enjoy the ride more....longer.

Discount code in this post.

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Premium Member

Got out for my second ride since my back surgery.  Frankly, I didn't think I'd even be able to until next season.  But given my surgery was on 8-18 and my first run was on 10-23, albeit only a 150 mile putt, and now my second today was almost 250 miles, I'm reasonably happy.  On my ride a week ago I took it easy but today I wicked it up a bit as evidenced by my gas mileage dropping to about 38 mpg.  Now my 15 fastest red is one of the less frugal units, averaging only 40~43 mpg.  Today I also pressed somewhat hard in the moderate twisty bits yet being mindful of ambient temps hovering around only 50 F and my still somewhat debilitated condition.  I'm supposed to be doing an hour of PT a day but you know how that goes.  But I feel pretty go now considering.

Unfortunately, I'm having another procedure on 11-09 (followed by another next February), and given the forecast is cold all week and I have a ton to do before, it looks like today will be my last fling until next spring.

But keep at you'all, and post up what your doing.  At least I should be able to wrench all winter...

PS, the grip muffs worked well, no flapping at over 100 and I had to turn down my heated grip settings.

20211031_124810.jpg

20211031_151428.jpg

20211031_172949.jpg

• Thumbsup 3