FJ-09 Photo Thread

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Got out for my second ride since my back surgery.  Frankly, I didn't think I'd even be able to until next season.  But given my surgery was on 8-18 and my first run was on 10-23, albeit only a 150 mile putt, and now my second today was almost 250 miles, I'm reasonably happy.  

I'm supposed to be doing an hour of PT a day but you know how that goes.  But I feel pretty go now considering.

Sounds like perfectly reasonable PT to me.  😎👍

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member

I always find a way to ride, be it on 2 or 3 wheels, until they have to uncurl my cold, lifeless fingers from the handgrips.  Otherwise the wife and kids know to just shoot me but make it look like an accident.

And I did do some PT before the ride to loosen up. It made a big difference. Even still my hips started acting up the last 70 miles but worse was the sciatica induced electric twirking pulses inside my left inner thigh.  Really impossible to ignore.  Thankfully resting the back of my calves on the highway pegs provided decent relief.

But I'll really over the hump after my prostate gets bored out (4th procedure!) and then my shoulder gets fixed followed by a lot more PT.  Then I plan to do a couple of looong tours in 22 and from then on!

• Thumbsup 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member

After some really miserably wet weather lately, enough to cause lowland flooding, (weatherman calls it an "atmospheric river") we finally had a day of cold but dry weather.  Time for a ride.

The temperature stayed between 45 and 49F but it was a wonderful afternoon to be back on the bike.

image.thumb.png.80591ca87075dfeebf189f6b44acb982.png

• Thumbsup 6
  • Like 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
16 hours ago, betoney said:

Time for a ride.

Nice!   After missing most of the nice fall riding weather, it finally works out where I’m free today to get out in the wind…  looks to be the perfect day for it, too! 

473D885C-03FF-4E48-9BAD-F5652003F868.thumb.jpeg.cfc1bc0babb03c2b2f1315cb093219b7.jpeg

• Like 1

• Supporting Member
On 11/14/2021 at 11:49 AM, texscottyd said:

Sargent Beach, Texas.   On the Gulf of Mexico, southwest of Houston.  

Man that red absolutely pops in direct sunlight.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Supporting Member
On 11/18/2021 at 3:23 PM, 2and3cylinders said:

Scotty,

Whose bar risers do you install and how are they different from OEM.

And yes, our fastest RED really do pop in the sun!

Those are 60mm Rizoma risers, with the stock 2015 FJ-09 bar.   They're about 1.25" shorter than the stock risers, and move the bar down and forward a corresponding amount.   For me it really improves the riding position, and is about as low as you can possibly go without running into clearance issues with the tank and bodywork.  

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

Those are 60mm Rizoma risers, with the stock 2015 FJ-09 bar.   They're about 1.25" shorter than the stock risers, and move the bar down and forward a corresponding amount.   For me it really improves the riding position, and is about as low as you can possibly go without running into clearance issues with the tank and bodywork.  

Thx

I ran  Outlaw racing TH08 bars which are about 1.5" lower with more sweep in the stock clamps which worked well but my back cried foul.

I now have the Renthal Street Naked bars which are approximately 1" higher than stock but with more sweep that work for me now.

https://www.powersportsid.com/outlaw-racing/handlebar-mpn-th08.html?view=901131&gclid=CjwKCAiA1uKMBhAGEiwAxzvX9-qcjS4uAagVWSAqszD2TNyBIWz9uf8MW1NfIwGO8pmHlKxXBIVHuBoCtTIQAvD_BwE

20170507_213202.jpg

• Like 1