FJ-09 Photo Thread

• Premium Member
On 11/20/2021 at 9:11 AM, texscottyd said:

Those are 60mm Rizoma risers, with the stock 2015 FJ-09 bar.   They're about 1.25" shorter than the stock risers, and move the bar down and forward a corresponding amount.   For me it really improves the riding position, and is about as low as you can possibly go without running into clearance issues with the tank and bodywork.  

Thx

I ran  Outlaw racing TH08 bars which are about 1.5" lower with more sweep in the stock clamps which worked well but my back cried foul.

I now have the Renthal Street Naked bars which are approximately 1" higher than stock but with more sweep that work for me now.

https://www.powersportsid.com/outlaw-racing/handlebar-mpn-th08.html?view=901131&gclid=CjwKCAiA1uKMBhAGEiwAxzvX9-qcjS4uAagVWSAqszD2TNyBIWz9uf8MW1NfIwGO8pmHlKxXBIVHuBoCtTIQAvD_BwE

• Supporting Member

Took one last ride of the season. Time to hang the lights on the house, throw a log in the fire, and hit the interwebs for some gift ideas... and of course I am looking forward to wrenching.

20211121_132147.thumb.jpg.467ddaa5923238595dc311952bee6585.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

5 hours ago, piotrek said:

Took one last ride of the season. Time to hang the lights on the house, throw a log in the fire, and hit the interwebs for some gift ideas... and of course I am looking forward to wrenching.

Lucky you. I had to finish my riding season month ago when I broke my hand.

22 hours ago, piotrek said:

I refuse to give in and think I had my last ride this year.  Although it might be true.☹🥶

• Haha 1

• Supporting Member
48 minutes ago, peteinpa said:

I refuse to give in and think I had my last ride this year.  Although it might be true.☹🥶

LOL... got tired of watching the forecast for sketchy road conditions, so I pulled the plug. Snow/frost is just a week or so ahead, so timing is right methinks. Ho Ho Hope for early spring.

• Supporting Member
18 hours ago, Rick123 said:

Lucky you. I had to finish my riding season month ago when I broke my hand.

Indeed. Sorry to hear... heal well. On the bright side... better than busting your hand in March. 😬

• Like 1

1 hour ago, piotrek said:

Indeed. Sorry to hear... heal well. On the bright side... better than busting your hand in March. 😬

Thanks. And yes definitely better at the end than at the beginning of riding season.

On 11/22/2021 at 12:27 AM, 2and3cylinders said:

Congrats but you couldn't find a non-Cali model without all its emission stuff that adds cost, complications and weight, and cuts power? 😱

If you mean me , the bike was bought in Montana,  registered in Washington but the guy I bought it from was based  in Cali 👍 

3 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Oh, great, but you can understand me misunderstanding...

Absolutely, 

An Englishman now living in Nevada went to California to buy a Japanese bike bought in Montana by a bloke from Washington ( state ) which was hauled back in a u haul trailer with a Texas plate 😁 

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, pilgo said:

Absolutely, 

An Englishman now living in Nevada went to California to buy a Japanese bike bought in Montana by a bloke from Washington ( state ) which was hauled back in a u haul trailer with a Texas plate 😁 

Where do you hail from in Merry Ole England?

I was a diehard Matchless and AJS guy in my yute...

Hence my little photo upper left...

• Thumbsup 1

17 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Where do you hail from in Merry Ole England?

I was a diehard Matchless and AJS guy in my yute...

Hence my little photo upper left...

I'm from just outside London , though my last 20 years there were spent in Beautiful Somerset , more west / near Bristol.

Very green , often wet , vastly different to the desert here in North Nevada 😎🤠

• Premium Member

You're kind of in the middle of nowhere, though not too far at least from Lake Tahoe. 

What the heck do you do for gas money and suds?

I recall cutting through some pea soup pogonip on 80 one winter.

And Gote Flats glows at night...

• Thumbsup 1