FJ-09 Photo Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

This is by no means a great photo. But it was a great ride - the wife and I got off work an hour early. It was 70 degrees in mid-December(rare even in Mississippi). And we got coffee and a 20 mile loop in before dinner. 

1217211620_HDR~2.jpg

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

First photo was taken in Karlobag, Croatia on last day of 2021, and second photo was taken the same day exatcly at 00:00 on a last ride in 2021 and first ride in 2022. Happy new year everyone!

IMG_20211231_104237.jpg

270465734_418980949908942_7835184372518393185_n.jpg

Edited by enx
  • Thumbsup 5
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
3 hours ago, DaxTheDuke said:

Back on two wheels thankfully, this FJ09 is the perfect mix of my old 15' Versys 650 and 06' FZ1. What a platform to build off of!

dssds.jpg

Congrats & nice!

Whose upper & lower fee guards are those?  Never seen them.  How good do they seem?

• Thumbsup 1

4 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Congrats & nice!

Whose upper & lower fee guards are those?  Never seen them.  How good do they seem?

Hey! I grabbed the engine guards and skidplate from T-Rex Racing out of Texas, US. Texas to Mass took only 2-3 days to arrive. Honestly I havent had crash bars before, but these things are pretty damn sturdy, easy installation as well. The skid plate is worth every penny also, It is thick metal that covers the entire oil pan and has a large hatch opening for oil filter and oil changes. Read so many horror stories about those oil pan woes with the FJ's. Also ordered rear axle sliders so ill be installing that as well. Overall Id say build quality and QA is 8/10, Not a fan of the bolts they use on the front connections under the fairing and near the skid plate but its all quality material. Also gives limitless places to install additional lights, tool bags and helmet locks, etc. One of the main reasons I purchased these ones, loves the full wrap around coverage compared to some others that only cover the immediate engine area. I think ill be installing some engine covers too whenever I get around to the clutch upgrade.

• Premium Member

Thanks

I'll check T-Rex out.

I've had the Givi case guards since I bought my 15 new in 16.  I did the flush drain plug early too along with swing arm and fork sliders.  Then installed a SW-Mototech skid pan I drilled a drain plug access hole through a couple + years ago.

But I like the upper coverage of the T-Rex, not so much their lower bars.

• Like 1