2 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Congrats!

No ones riding here!

20220128_102922.jpg

20220128_110147.jpg

It's freezing here!!!!!🥶🤣

Screenshot (37).png

• Haha 2

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, 2and3cylinders said:

IFIYGD

Monty Python, In Search of the Holy Grail, Norman Castle scene

I FART IN YOUR GENERAL DIRECTION

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries" 🤣

• Thumbsup 1

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

7 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Whose shock and stock CCT still?

Weird color brake fluid in read reservoir?

Also, whose shield bracket, shield & spoiler?

The shock is a YSS MZ456, feels good so far, traction control light no longer comes on when exiting corners hard.

CCT is a manual one, not sure on brand as it was already installed when I bought the bike.

Shield is from an MT10 that I modified to fit, spoiler is a Fleabay cheappie that works really well.

Gone is all turbulence and excessive wind noise.

I added 2 clear wings on top of the headlights yesterday, and will see how they perform tomorrow.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, 1moreroad said:

How cold is it where there are curves?

You tell me.... 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, fddriver2 said:

You tell me.... 🤷‍♂️

Mon and Fri are work from home so I did my local 20 miles "commute" - a couple of slightly curvy roads - at 5 today because it was so warm. Picked up 5 Guys on the way back home. 

0131221725_HDR.jpg

0131221754.jpg

0131221806a~2.jpg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
20 hours ago, OZVFR said:

The shock is a YSS MZ456, feels good so far, traction control light no longer comes on when exiting corners hard.

CCT is a manual one, not sure on brand as it was already installed when I bought the bike.

Shield is from an MT10 that I modified to fit, spoiler is a Fleabay cheappie that works really well.

Gone is all turbulence and excessive wind noise.

I added 2 clear wings on top of the headlights yesterday, and will see how they perform tomorrow.

Which YSS model did you get?  How would the MX456W Hi-Lo Mono Shock compare IYO to the K-Tech Razor-R (which I see are even pricier Downunder if you could get one and only has high speed compression damping)?

K-Tech is a lot less expensive comparatively here.  Shipping cost difference?

https://yssaustralia.com.au/filter?category_7=10&other_9=30&feature_11=101model-MT-09+TRACER&feature_12=2015&type=top#

https://store.ktechaustralia.com/road/rear-suspension/shock-absorbers/razor-r.html

https://www.ktechsuspensionusa.com/p-21709-k-tech-suspension-razor-r-rear-shock.aspx

YSS is not well represented here?

https://www.yssusa.com/series-g.html

And then there is Penske & Ohlins here, and even Wilbers!

https://www.wilbers.de/shop/en/Motorcycle/Yamaha/MT-09-Tracer-RN29/shock-absorber-type-641-Competition.html?cur=3&year=2015

YSS are a lot bigger in Asia and Europe, Ohlins had a case against them for copying their design, so I thought they must be ok :)

The same shock set up here by any of the other brands are are 50 to 60 % more and over a month waiting time. 
Shipping from the US has become prohibitively expensive the last few years (over US$200), it never use to be that way. 
The problem with the Tracer is that it needs the hydraulic preload adjuster, as a normal shock has the adjustment at the top, and impossible to adjust on our bikes.

It cost me AU$950, any equivalent European or US shock were around AU$1500 bought here. 

It actually performs really good, played around with it today over 200km’s of windy roads and now have rebound damping and sag set up well. 
Works really well with the resprung and gold valve front end. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Not your normal sunset on the road photos...

Doing a major service early because the plugs had over double spec mileage (which really can easily be replaced by just tipping forward the radiator) and I'm paranoid about valve lash because at the first check at about 20k miles ALL the valves were VERY tight.

I thought I'd get lucky, as it's only been 16,600 miles since my last valve lash check, when everything was well within spec 35,220 miles.  I had also checked them at 27,270 for grins and giggles.

This check all the intakes were between .18 and .20mm (spec is .11~.20); fine.  But the left exhausts of #1 & #3 were only 0.20 mm (spec is .26~.30). Dam!  The other 4 exhausts were between .27 & .30. Go figure?  What goes?

Now I've got to pull the exhaust cams, the most difficult to get back in time. 😂

So I plastic bagged the head and am calling it a day.

Played around with my bore scope camera spying on the combustion chambers.

All good fun.

20220211_183946.jpg

20220211124510.jpg

20220211125022.jpg

20220211125037.jpg

20220211125408.jpg

20220211_125600.jpg

20220211_125939.jpg

20220211_132128.jpg

20220211_132325.jpg

• Thumbsup 4
  • Haha 1