FJ-09 Photo Thread

• Supporting Member
22 minutes ago, kilo3 said:

I keep going back and forth between this and the scorpion. Did you end up buying the DB killer for it or not?

There is a LOT of difference loudness-wise between the 2 end pipes, I have the Scorpion and it is noticeably deeper tone than stock but not appreciably louder, a buddy has the Competition Werks pipe and it is LOUD, after a short period it could easily be considered obnoxious or annoying.  Just my opinion.

Maybe try to hear one in the flesh before making it permanent.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

38 minutes ago, betoney said:

There is a LOT of difference loudness-wise between the 2 end pipes, I have the Scorpion and it is noticeably deeper tone than stock but not appreciably louder, a buddy has the Competition Werks pipe and it is LOUD, after a short period it could easily be considered obnoxious or annoying.  Just my opinion.

Maybe try to hear one in the flesh before making it permanent.

I got the Baffle and  still had to wrap it but it's perfect for me now...  It's much better eye candy too...

Edited by Instinct28

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, kilo3 said:

I keep going back and forth between this and the scorpion. Did you end up buying the DB killer for it or not?

If you're concerned with the loudness... I had good success in taking the boom out of my Scorpion slip-on by stuffing the baffle with a stainless steel scouring pad. It sounds great now, and I don't scare the villagers anymore 😬. You could probably do that with the Werks as well.

baffle.thumb.jpg.9d9764d65532727873e189ab0ca6bd48.jpg

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

1 hour ago, betoney said:

Im more worried about the WOT and higher revs issues I saw in the scorpion thread than noise. I suppose I could always pull the db killer but the competition works looks like a better price for kit for the $$.

10 hours ago, lolocastsb said:

you're near me! let's go for a ride, I'll show you around the sierra nevada mountains this spring/summer.

I'm planning on doing a day trip round Tahoe when it warms up that way, I'd love to be shown some other routes 👍

• Thumbsup 1