FJ-09 Photo Thread

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Heh, at least you can ride!

Yep. Today it got up to 60. Tomorrow we might see 65. But I decided to bring the bike in the truck because we are supposed to get an inch of snow Fri night. If it misses, I can still ride Sat morn. If it hits, I can drive home in relative comfort. 

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, 1moreroad said:

Yep. Today it got up to 60. Tomorrow we might see 65. But I decided to bring the bike in the truck because we are supposed to get an inch of snow Fri night. If it misses, I can still ride Sat morn. If it hits, I can drive home in relative comfort. 

We got our usual 2 inches last night. Up to +30 today and down to 9 tonight but it's really supposed to warm up next week!  It's just there is massive amounts of road salt everywhere.

Wish I had a Ratbike again I didn't care enough about to wash after a yucky ride, or if it got a bit scuffed in a minor mishap.

Problem is rinsing down even occasionally is problematic when the hose bibs are winterized, and even a mild slip out can be calamitous for older bods... 😖

• Premium Member

The weather hit the Smokies but later than we expected. This is the early snow. We drove home in wet snow and sleet in temps from the low 20s to freezing. Just a little slush accumulation on the roads but a ride would have sucked. Took a little detour to Nashville to drop off my buddy.

It is supposed to get into the high 50s today so at least it will be easy to wash everything. 

The Blue Ridge Inn in Sylva is nice enough with a bunch of restaurants and microbreweries in walking distance. 

0312220739_HDR.jpg

0312220748_HDR~2.jpg

• Thumbsup 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2022 at 4:19 AM, Magnum099 said:

Nice photo! What windshield is that? 

It's a modified one from an MT10 with a cheap wind deflector.

Works a treat for cutting turbulence by 80% and noise by 50%.

Removing the handguards also helped.

• 2 weeks later...