FJ-09 Photo Thread

Eagerly waitng for that weather to get here. Too hot last week and this week so far to ride. Got a light shower today, all that did was jack up the humidity to near 100%! YUCK!

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

I'm tired, my butt started to hurt, my hips hurt, my crotch hurt, my neck was bothering me a bit but my shoulders OK

I call that a good day

At least you were out riding. 👍

• Thumbsup 2
  • Thanks 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
On 7/17/2022 at 3:10 AM, 2and3cylinders said:

Do they give you a Velcro strap to wrap on the front brake lever and wood box to jamb under the right foot peg to prevent tip overs?

You can see the orange block under the bike, wedged into my skid plate. No brake strap, but the leaver has the locker on it. bike was in gear.

• Thumbsup 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/14/2022 at 3:05 PM, 2and3cylinders said:

Nice, and flat...LOL

I've got the same reaction.  I grew up in the "flats" IA, MN, KS, etc. Now that I've been in PA since 87 it looks so flat out there. 

I've been on a road trip (car) to Oshkosh WI. last year and forgot how flat it is. Every hiway overpass is a scenic overlook.

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, peteinpa said:

I've got the same reaction.  I grew up in the "flats" IA, MN, KS, etc. Now that I've been in PA since 87 it looks so flat out there. 

I've been on a road trip (car) to Oshkosh WI. last year and forgot how flat it is. Every hiway overpass is a scenic overlook.

Yeah the only reprieve is following the rivers but I'm usually have no desire to stop along side a nice bend and take a picture when i should be doing 50.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, peteinpa said:

For the annual EAA Fly In.

I used to ride or fly up and camp out.  Oshkosh becomes the busiest airport in the world for a week! 

A lot of pilots ride or visaversa Ala Top Gun.

I'm from San Diego in an adopted way (long story), and we'd go park on the shoulder of highway 15 when the 6th Fleet had homecoming, as the stick jockeys would fly in ahead and come in so low over 15 to land at Miramar NAS you could almost jump up and touch they're tails.  After a couple of hours you were almost deaf even with ear plugs and/or nauseated from their exhaust.

It was a game being chased off by either SDPD or CHPs.

The carriers tie up on the Bay side of Coronado Island.  I was ST1s assistant Armorer.

When the fleet is in MNAS is the world's largest fighter base.

SD County is a Cafe racers paradise.  The ride up and down Mt. Palomar and around Julian was a weekly affair.  Also more horses and golf courses per square mile and per capita than almost anywhere.

And if you surf, dive or fish!!!

Best weather in the world! 

• Thumbsup 1

8 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

For the annual EAA Fly In.

I used to ride or fly up and camp out.  Oshkosh becomes the busiest airport in the world for a week! 

A lot of pilots ride or visaversa Ala Top Gun.

I'm from San Diego in an adopted way (long story), and we'd go park on the shoulder of highway 15 when the 6th Fleet had homecoming, as the stick jockeys would fly in ahead and come in so low over 15 to land at Miramar NAS you could almost jump up and touch they're tails.  After a couple of hours you were almost deaf even with ear plugs and/or nauseated from their exhaust.

It was a game being chased off by either SDPD or CHPs.

The carriers tie up on the Bay side of Coronado Island.  I was ST1s assistant Armorer.

When the fleet is in MNAS is the world's largest fighter base.

SD County is a Cafe racers paradise.  The ride up and down Mt. Palomar and around Julian was a weekly affair.  Also more horses and golf courses per square mile and per capita than almost anywhere.

And if you surf, dive or fish!!!

Best weather in the world! 

Nope. Other activities.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

More to come, but...

Garmin said it would Avoid Unpaved Roads. Garmin lied. 

Ohio River Ferry

@fddriver2 - this is what I want for my next Medic Rescue vehicle. (Posted in a town of 4500). Or to paraphrase Die Hard, looks like the Sheriffs have got themselves an RV.

The TN River Valley between Pickwick and Kentucky Lakes has fantastic roads. I think I finally cracked this nut.

0917221917b.jpg

0917221630_HDR~2.jpg

0917221428~2.jpg

• Thumbsup 1