What other bikes do you have?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think "complement" is a gross overstatement  ;)  but I still have a '79 Yamaha XS650 (sold, but awaiting payment) and a '74 Suzuki GT550 triple.

The 'Zuke is up for sale too, but I may just keep it as it's fun to fart around on and there just aren't that many street two-smokes left.

None ...yet. I wouldn't mind adding a dirt/trail worthy bike to the garage. A BMW F650GS or a Kawa KLR650 perhaps.
I've been thinking the same thing. I was thinking about getting a small dirt bike for my son (he's 11) and want something I can go with him on. At the same time, I'd like to have something street legal to do some exploring on.  

• Premium Member
Nice. How does the BMW compare to the FJ?
Like a bike that costs 50% more. Suspension, fuel injection, brakes, finish quality are all superior as you would expect.  
I've only done a few miles so far on my bike after 75 on the demo. I'm hoping to do a >200 mile trip tomorrow which will give a better test of the ergonomics & performance, although it will take me a few thousand miles to get used to taking advantage of the gadgets. 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

I've issues with getting projects and not getting round to fix them!

1999 Yamaha FZS600 that's becoming a cafe racer.
1997 Honda VFR750 that's naked but needs a new headlight unit.
1996 Yamaha TRX850 that's going to be a 90's endurance racer replica.
2008 Aprilia Tuono that won't fire.
Also have a 1976 Honda c90 cub that needs a full restoration but that belongs to the missus.

next on the list is a Yamaha WR450 dirt bike. then I'll have a Yamaha single, twin, triple and 4 cylinder! :P

Realistically I'm going for a CCM 604 for off-roading or a BSA C15 250 like my granddad used to have.

2010 Triumph Thunderbird,

2011 Suzuki Burgman 650,

had a 2015 Ducati Scrambler, traded that for the Tracer. Great decision.

I'm trying to get the T'bird ready for sale to reduce numbers from 3 to 2. I say all the right things but don't seem to actually do anything, truth is I can't seem to part with it.

• Premium Member
2014 BMW-RT, 2015 Beta 500rs, 2008 Husqvarna TE-610, 1974 Bultaco Alpina
so, you have a misleading user name :P
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Don't have one yet, but want to "complement" the FJ with a small dual sport. Either a WR250R or a DR-Z400S. Recently came across a KTM 625 SXC that is tagged and am considering that too but I am thinking the WR and DRZ would be more reliable in the long run.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Archived