What other bikes do you have?

• Premium Member
That's no Ténéré - too many cylinders. It's a Super Ténéré! This is a Ténéré
02avas_43546_2008_xtz660-tene.jpg

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
That's no Ténéré - too many cylinders. It's a Super Ténéré! This is a Ténéré 02avas_43546_2008_xtz660-tene.jpg

You are right mine is a SUPER Tenere!

Brick
2015 Yamaha FJ-09 "Red Molly"
2014 Yamaha Super Tenere' ES
1999 Suzuki SV650

• Premium Member
My 1986 XJ900F   Owned for 28 years :) Great Bike wish my new Tracer had shaft drive 

XJ_005_3.jpg

My 1993 FJ1200 great bike owned for 9 years

Wanganui_Ride_January_2013_002.jpg

Nice, and I sure do miss them big old flat seats
BLB

• Premium Member
Here is the newest member of the family. The FJ-09 isn't going anywhere however! 

R_Nine_T.jpg

That's very nice - very popular over here, but I must say, mine is bigger than your's :P
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

I thought it was all about how one uses it!

Your R1200RS looks quite nice as well. I gave them a close look.

The FJ09 is just so versatile and practical. I wanted something beautiful and well, impractical.

If I had not purchased the FJ first I could have easily ended up with an XSR900 and the R1200RS instead. I love both the 900 triple and the boxers, though I am partial to the old air/oil.

RES01082.jpg

My last bike was a 2001 HD FXDXT (T-sport). A great old school tourer. It came with a factory adjustable windshield, expandable saddlebags and the 1350cc Evo rubber-mounted motor. Only downside was high insurance (because it was a HD) and high costs for parts & service. I got rid of it because my job at the time required a lot of travel so I didn't get to ride the bike much. Now that I am retired, I have nothing but time and am really enjoying the FJ09 during an unusual warm spell in Winnipeg.RES01085.jpg

Here is the newest member of the family. The FJ-09 isn't going anywhere however! 

R_Nine_T.jpg

I gotta say that your R nineT looks badass; I really like the styling.  How does it ride?
Fantastic. The riding position has a bit of a forward lean and the foot pegs are higher than on the FJ. Not sport bike ergos but more aggressive than the FJ. The suspension feels better sorted to me, mid corner bumps don't upset the rear of the bike. Feels like more torque from lower in the rev range. Exhaust is fantastic with the stock Akrapovic. Annoyed at lack of storage, there's not even enough space under the rear seat for the registration and removal of the rear seat requires a little key thingy.

Having said that if I could only have one bike it would be the FJ09. I like the OEM panniers. After replacing the windshield and seat I have a bike with reasonable wind protection that is comfortable for hours on end. It loads up with luggage ok and can get stripped down for a sportier look/feel.

But for a beautiful bike, with nice finishes (love the exposed aluminum weld), that has sportier but still comfortable ergos, well, I love the R nine T.

I gotta say that your R nineT looks badass; I really like the styling.  How does it ride?
Fantastic. The riding position has a bit of a forward lean and the foot pegs are higher than on the FJ. Not sport bike ergos but more aggressive than the FJ. The suspension feels better sorted to me, mid corner bumps don't upset the rear of the bike. Feels like more torque from lower in the rev range. Exhaust is fantastic with the stock Akrapovic. Annoyed at lack of storage, there's not even enough space under the rear seat for the registration and removal of the rear seat requires a little key thingy. 
Having said that if I could only have one bike it would be the FJ09. I like the OEM panniers. After replacing the windshield and seat I have a bike with reasonable wind protection that is comfortable for hours on end. It loads up with luggage ok and can get stripped down for a sportier look/feel.

But for a beautiful bike, with nice finishes (love the exposed aluminum weld), that has sportier but still comfortable ergos, well, I love the R nine T.
Yeah, I am in the process of getting my windshield and seat sorted out on my FJ09 as well.  I looked at the R nineT since it was at the same dealership where I bought the FJ09 (it is a BMW/Triumph/Yamaha dealership), but the lack of adjustable front forks on the R9T was a deal breaker for me (although I see the new 2017 R9T did get adjustable front forks and a higher seat and lower pegs to sort out the rider triangle).  Still, I think the R9T is a beautiful bike; BMW hit it on the head with the retro styling on this bike.  I wish I had room for two bikes :(

Archived