Taking the long way home from breakfast...

After watching your video I think those are some of the longest stretches of straight road that I've seen in double yellow, I could have passed an aircraft carrier on that road. 
I think those highway engineers have been out in the sun too long.

Yeh, that's all I was asking about. It wasn't at all intended to be a criticism of the riding in the video. The double lines seemed to be on a straight, well-sighted road so I simply wondered whether they meant the same thing on your side of the pond. 
I use them as a hazard warning, which I can then choose to ignore if I think it's safe, and most times they are spot on.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

So, do double continuous lines in the middle of the road mean nothing? In the UK they mean no overtaking due to an upcoming hazard.
In the US, they mean no passing (overtaking) because there isn't adequate sight line to make sure the oncoming lane is clear. 
I believe I'm correct in saying that it has the same force of law as No Passing signage.  I KNOW I'm correct in stating that some people take a pretty relaxed attitude about  it on motorcycles because you can whip by someone so quickly.

If/when I get caught, I don't see The Officer accepting my logic however...
You just have to take your medicine.  Smile, be nice, after all, you are probably twice their age.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

Archived