Cruise control

jamboa

• Premium Member
Did you just order the Tenere switch from a Yamaha parts retailer? I have a 2015 lined up to buy if it's still avail when I return from a 3 week trip and this is a mod I definitely want to do.
Ride your bike down to So. Cal. I will install it for you easy peasy.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporting Member
I had purchased the recommended tools: jewelers screwdriver set which I cleaned prior to use, heat gun and hook/pick set.

Compiling with instructions I also cleaned the area where the velcro strips stick.

Also remember that the harness goes under the tank mount.  

Thanks for the tips.  I have everything needed except the heat gun. Do the pins come out of the connectors fairly easily, or should I get some sort of pin extractor?

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Pin comes out of the ECU harness very easy after you release the catch for the pins. Make sure you reseat the MCCruise pin all the way. The catch should re-engage with relative ease.

The only other connecter to disassemble is the TPS. The jewelers screwdriver or small pick will allow you to depress the tab holding them in and the drop out easy.
If you need a mount for your LED and don't want it in the switch gear let me know. I have a few LED mounts left like the one I made for my install.
My CC Install

After I placed the order, they sent me the installation .pdf manual, I read through it and I have to say it looks a bit intimidating. In actual hands-on practice, how was the install? The mechanical aspect is a non-issue, but removing wires/pins from electrical harness plugs has me worried. My bike is only a few weeks old and I don't want to break anything or make it inoperable.
To those who have installed the MCCruise, any hints/tips or special tools required to make it easier?

Thanks in advance.
The install was time consuming for me.  Set aside a day to do it and just take it one step at a time.  I'm an IT guy that's not too mechanically inclined.  The most intimidating part was taking the bike down that far, but each step on its own was easy.  Keep track of all your parts and follow the instructions and you'll be fine.

After I placed the order, they sent me the installation .pdf manual, I read through it and I have to say it looks a bit intimidating. In actual hands-on practice, how was the install? The mechanical aspect is a non-issue, but removing wires/pins from electrical harness plugs has me worried. My bike is only a few weeks old and I don't want to break anything or make it inoperable.
To those who have installed the MCCruise, any hints/tips or special tools required to make it easier?

Thanks in advance.
Oh, and congrats.  That and the mirror extenders are my favorite mods I've done so far.

Thanks in advance.
The install was time consuming for me.  Set aside a day to do it and just take it one step at a time.  I'm an IT guy that's not too mechanically inclined.  The most intimidating part was taking the bike down that far, but each step on its own was easy.  Keep track of all your parts and follow the instructions and you'll be fine.
You sound like me so thanks for the reassurance. 

• Premium Member
You sound like me so thanks for the reassurance. I did the install and had about a month break right in the middle. Came right back and picked up where I left off and completed the install with no problems. You will recieve a couple of special tools that make the install easy. My complaint to the guys down under was that it wasn't real clear where in the install the tools went, but I figured it out. If logic prevails, you won't have a problem. 

• Premium Member
Did you just order the Tenere switch from a Yamaha parts retailer? I have a 2015 lined up to buy if it's still avail when I return from a 3 week trip and this is a mod I definitely want to do.
Can I take you up on this? I'm local in Valencia. Will pull the trigger on the MC Cruise "sometime" this year.

Chadman http://www.twistypedia.com
The roster: '79 Honda XL 125 '83, Honda Ascot VT500, '84 Kawasaki GPz 550, '83 Honda VF700, '86 Kawasaki Ninja 600, '87 Kawasaki Ninja 1000, '84 Suzuki GSX-R 750, '96 Honda CBR600F, '98 Kawasaki ZX-7R, '85 Kawasaki Ninja 600, '01 Suzuki GSX-R 750, '16 Yamaha FJ-09, '15 Yamaha FJR1300ES, KTM 1290 Super Duke GT

• Premium Member
Can I take you up on this? I'm local in Valencia. Will pull the trigger on the MC Cruise "sometime" this year.
Sure. Send me the instructions when you get them, as the de-pining is new to what I did twice.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

AND........my MC Cruise Control kit arrived today
WOOT WOOT

Just have to wait for hubby to do the installation.......I do assist (in case you are wondering).

Kimmie......the lady who likes to take little detours :)

• Supporting Member
AND........my MC Cruise Control kit arrived today WOOT WOOT

Just have to wait for hubby to do the installation.......I do assist (in case you are wondering).

I just checked tracking on mine and both the CC unit and Tenere switch gear will be delivered tomorrow! I am excited to get this project going as well.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Where in So. Cal are you?

Archived