• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 57 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cruise control

jamboa

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporting Member
Is there a reason one would choose the Super Tenere switch housing over the one used on an FJR?
SuperTen is simplest interface harness. Closest to FJ harness.
...And when I was pricing Tenere and FJR switches, the Tenere switch was cheaper, so I went that route. I'm not sure what the difference is, but the MCCruise website said to make sure you have the correct one when ordering because they ARE different.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
Is there a reason one would choose the Super Tenere switch housing over the one used on an FJR?
The only difference is the wiring coming out. The only reason to choose one over the other, is if an FJR switch housing was found really cheap on ebay or something like that. Otherwise, go with the Super10. 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
Ride your bike down to So. Cal. I will install it for you easy peasy.
Where in So. Cal are you?
I only offered to help somebody that was totally frustrated. I am not in the business of installing cruise controls, but will offer advise to anybody trying to install one.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

MC Cruise Control is INSTALLED !!!!!

Big thanks to my hubby for the 4 hours it took to do the job from start to finish......in a heatwave!!! (think he might just love me a little bit).

The instructions are very informative and there is an accompanying picture to go with each step.

Could I have done it on my own?   Probably not cos I'm not that good with electrics but for someone who is really hands on with stuff you should be fine.
BTW, I passed the cable ties, blotted his brow and made sure hubby was properly hydrated.

Rode to work today to give it a test before my FarRide this weekend and all seems to be working just jim-dandy  :D
Will report back after the weekend and some 1500km later.

Thanks guys for all the info posted on this forum...there really is an answer for just about everything you need to know.

Kimmie......the lady who likes to take little detours :)

• Supporting Member
Good to hear that it was an easy install and all is working fine. My order got delayed in shipping from last week until today, it is currently listed as "Out for Delivery".

• Supporting Member
MC Cruise Control is INSTALLED !!!!! 
Big thanks to my hubby for the 4 hours it took to do the job from start to finish......

To those of you who completed this task start to finish in only 4 hours, my hats off to you.  I have at least 4 hours into this so far and I just got the TPS harness to the CC computer (about half way according to the instruction booklet), I spent almost 2 hours just swapping out the FJ switch gear for the Tenere switch gear. 
The instructions are very in depth and detailed but I found it a bit confusing switching between "manuals" at certain steps.  Chapters 1-6 are in manual 1, then the next page is chapter 8 (assuming you knew to refer to a separate addendum for chapter 7, which is in manual #2)  At least at the end of manual #2 it tells you to resume the install which is back in manual #1. 
For someone with Dyslexia and issues with reading comprehension this resulted in reading, and re-reading, and again re-reading each step to make sense of it all. 
I shall resume the install in the morning.

• Supporting Member
My install is complete and the test ride was an absolute success! I give it 2 very big thumbs-up!
The guys at MCCruise did a phenomenal job building and implementing this complete package. Using the Tenere switch gear gives it a 100% factory look and feel. This will be a total game changer for longer rides, yes it is expensive, but I consider it money well spent.

Sorry betony, I should've mentioned that I stayed with the MCCruise control block (couldn't afford the Tenere switch).

Now have been out on my weekend ride and am IN LUST!!!!!!!
Why didn't I do cruise control years ago!!!

It's really, no mess, no fuss.....Set and kick back.

Coming home up the slab on the weekend (cos I got a chill in my kidneys early morning which altered my fun plan) made the ride home somewhat more tolerable.

Kimmie......the lady who likes to take little detours :)

Where in So. Cal are you?
I only offered to help somebody that was totally frustrated. I am not in the business of installing cruise controls, but will offer advise to anybody trying to install one.
No problems, it's good to know help is available if it's needed. 

• 1 year later...
I realize that the last post was over a year ago, but, in regards to the FJR & Super Tenere switches, are there specific year ranges?  First off, it would probably help to know that I have a 2017 Fj-09.  While I'm not "made of money", like many others, I prefer the stock appearance of the FJR / Super10 switches, as opposed to the MCCruise controls.  Anyway, based on info on MCCruise's website (according to a prior customer), if one is going the FJR switch route, the 1MC-83954-00 for a 2013-2015 model is best...although, at the same time, the customer's "advice" doesn't indicate if this is for a 2017 FJ-09, or for an earlier model year.

I am interested in knowing what years (and Yamaha OEM part numbers, if you can provide this info...tho I can probably look up the OEM part # easily enough) for the FJR switch, as well as Super10 switch, would work best with a 2017 FJ-09.  Any, and all, assistance in solving this "mystery" will be greatly appreciated.

• Supporting Member
I am interested in knowing what years (and Yamaha OEM part numbers) for the FJR, as well as Super10 switch would be best with a 2017 FJ-09.  
I think these guys might be able to help. 

MCCRUISE CONTACT INFO. 
6 KINGSTON STREET, MOUNT WAVERLEY VICTORIA 3149 AUSTRALIA
TEL. 61 3 9808 2804
EMAIL US AT SALES@MCCRUISE.COM
BUSINESS HOURS: 9:30AM TO 6:00PM MONDAY TO FRIDAY

I am interested in knowing what years (and Yamaha OEM part numbers) for the FJR, as well as Super10 switch would be best with a 2017 FJ-09.  
I think these guys might be able to help.  
MCCRUISE CONTACT INFO. 
6 KINGSTON STREET, MOUNT WAVERLEY VICTORIA 3149 AUSTRALIA
TEL. 61 3 9808 2804
EMAIL US AT SALES@MCCRUISE.COM
BUSINESS HOURS: 9:30AM TO 6:00PM MONDAY TO FRIDAY

I've already emailed them, as well as sent a message to D2D Accessories (via their website), but was wondering if anyone in here might already have the answer, so as to save time. 

I bought a Super Ten clutch pod with the cruise buttons. Removed the buttons and installed them in my FJ pod. Just a matter of connecting the wires to your after market CC system. All you need is to know which wire goes where, and who's wires you're going to use. Really very simple. Connect the wires in the manner you like or can do and you are good to go. Here is a pic of my final set up:  + is also SET, and - is also RESUME.  This is opposite that noted on the Super Ten switch.  I just used Gorilla tape to cover the words.  The little LED light below the switch lights up when the cruise is on and the off-on switch is in its normal space below that.

kAELeWM.jpg?1

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

Archived