Mounting Penske remote reservoir

bvod

Penske_installation_from_rear_quarter.jpg

Penske_installation_reservoir_tucked_in.jpg

Penske_installation_front_quarter_view.jpg

Penske_installation_side_view_with_bodywork_mod.jpg

Just installed a Penske dual clicker to my '16 FJ-09.  The attached photos show the mounting of remote reservoir, which tucks in nicely after some delicate (but not insignificant) mods of the left side bodywork.    Traxxion Dynamics (Dan Anderson) indicated that they're not completely happy with the mounting situation for the reservoir on the FJ-09, but I think it worked pretty cleanly.

Nicely done...I been looking at rear shock options for the winter downtime upgrade list...maybe spray paint the clamp black...I also wish the battery wasn't in the way otherwise my idea to mount the shock remote go there...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Premium Member

~ rogerc, Oct 7, 2015 at 11:00am
I also gave Penske a thought but I could never understand why they choose to mount the piggyback on the mainframe below where the knee is placed:-/.

~ voodoo, Oct 8, 2015 at 11:33pm
I had to fabricate my own bracket for my Penske, but also mounted the piggyback behind the passenger footrest.P1000826.JPGP1000827.JPG

Read more: http://fj-09.org/thread/1829/nitron-rear-suspension-upgrade#ixzz4MJwFpnPA

The pics I was trying to bring over didn't make the trip, but show up over on page 2 of the thread.

I chose another stainless clamp with a different ratio of teeth/non-teeth, and flipped it over so that the worm is hidden behind the bodywork (there's plenty of room).  Result (now) is a much cleaner installation; no worm or teeth/slots exposed at all; just a solo stainless strap.  Thanks for the feedback.

Guest fzrcraig
I mounted mine in roughly the same area at the OP, but hanging down using one of these from Axia Alloys...

http://axiaalloys.com/Flag-Whip-Mounts/Billet-Horizontal-Bar-Whip-Mount-Attachment-Satin-Clear-Black

I cut away a small amount of the grey bodywork, drilled a mounting hole in the frame gusset and bolted it on. The bands for the reservoir were a little too big, but very thin strips of rubber or tape underneath them takes care of that. Works with factory hard bags too.

the Ohlins 535 has a the right "idea" except they bent the bracket so it ends up rather more outboard then it should be. But they are also trying to mount the remote preload adjuster where you can easily get your hand on it...

Would the Axia not work if hanging from the passenger footpeg bolt with the loop over the swing-arm? Should be well clear of any tire contact I should think?

Archived