2015 almost done....

My 2015 is just about complete, just waiting on the comfort saddles and Givi tankbag. So here is the list....

Puig Touring Screen
GIVI Hanguards 
GIVI Crash Bars
Factory luggage
Kawall LED lights
RC Country light mounts
RAM cell phone and GPS mounts
MVS adjustable shorty levers
Frame mounted 12v and usb charger for passenger and compressor
Radiator guard
Extra factory 12v outlet in dash
Foam covers for grips
SW Motech kickstand base
Palm throttle

20161007_174509.jpg

20161007_174526.jpg

20161007_174441.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Sorry for late responses but to answer some questions yes the stock hand guards do hit the screen and even with the aftermarket ones it still hits. I tilted the bars back for more comfort and that helped a bit but I can now lock the steering. I wish I had highway pegs for the longer runs and my wife would love a better peg as well and I will be mounting some clamp on pegs to the crash bars soon for a better riding position and hopefully she will be able to rest her feet on my pegs. I may try to reposition the guards closer after the holidays and mount led brake and turn signal lights in the luggage to eliminate the ugly as hell plate mounted stuff.

I love the windscreen and the buffering is pretty much gone, for my height I have it set for the middle position. I will be mounting fender extenders in the future and possibly making my own coolant tank protector. My 27 watt kawell lights just came in so the 18 watt lights on the crash bars will be gone this weekend.

@elguapobond I've heard the handlebars hit the Puig windscreen. Is that accurate?

There is an easily missed instruction that's included with the Puig windscreen - you need to remove one part of the 2 piece stock handguards. Then they will not hit the windscreen.

-Skip

• Premium Member
Sorry for late responses but to answer some questions yes the stock hand guards do hit the screen and even with the aftermarket ones it still hits. I tilted the bars back for more comfort and that helped a bit but I can now lock the steering. I wish I had highway pegs for the longer runs and my wife would love a better peg as well and I will be mounting some clamp on pegs to the crash bars soon for a better riding position and hopefully she will be able to rest her feet on my pegs. I may try to reposition the guards closer after the holidays and mount led brake and turn signal lights in the luggage to eliminate the ugly as hell plate mounted stuff.
There is a kit available from Puig USA that will move the front part of the stock handguards outward.  I requested it from the company that I purchased my Puig wind screen.  After installing the dislocator kit my handguards do not touch the windscreen even at full lock turn. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Nice looking bike. First time I saw and FJ-09 it was red. Mine is grey, because it was all they had in the left over new. My last bike 2015 Versys was white and I keep thinking of painting my FJ white.
Versys_FJ_09.jpg

The Versys 650 was a great bike, but after a while and some long highway runs and mountain rides with a lot of steep grades, I wanted something with a bit more power. But mostly, I just really liked the look of the FJ the first time I saw it. I don't have any regrets, but I do like bikes in white.

Archived