Big bend again!

tex929rr

This time we rode out - me on the FJ and my wife on her GSXR750.  I had the saddle bags, top trunk, and a dry bag.  I kept tossing tools and a medical bag in the top trunk - I didn't realize how heavily I had loaded it until I took it off the bike.  First really long trip on the FJ, and it met or exceeded everything I expected.  We had heat, rain, cold, twisties and long drones and it was perfect.  We were with a group that was new to us - four other couples, one couple on a Super Tenere (neighbors with whom we have ridden locally), and one couple on a Gold Wing and two couples on those Can Am trikes.  The trikes sure looked like a handful in the twisty stuff, but they hung in there.  We had about 30 miles of hard rain on the way into the park. All together two firemen, three police officers, one EMT and one nurse between us, so we were ready!  

Since my wife and I had the most trips out here we planned the rides and the group really enjoyed it.  It's always nice to see someone else experience one of your favorite places for the first time.

Better halves at the Pecos overlook

IMG_5202.jpg

my wife definitely doing the sportier side of sport touring 

IMG_1456.jpg

me on the way home

IMG_1458.jpg

now some scenery

IMG_5169.jpgIMG_5183.jpgIMG_5190.jpgIMG_1463.jpgIMG_1464.jpg

Archived