Well done yamaha.uk

Since getting the bike in may 2015 I love the bike and enjoy all its little quirks,  however the quality of the parts allways concerned me  (built down to the price) I have already had the following changed  both front disc's warped, horn stopped working ,both sides panels replaced as they where cracked  I have to seat on the lowest setting,  instrument panel changed  due to misting , my dealers with out questions  puts the warranty claim in and it's sorted withing a few weeks, however 7 days ago I was passing my dealers jts in Swansea south Wales so popped in and out of curiosity I mention rust on the stainless steel down pipes and on the stems of the wing mirrors also the side panel have cracked again mal stated that he would try a claim again so took the photos  and sent them off, to be honest as there was only a small amount of rust on the down pipes I thought nothing would be done , but how wrong was I  on Saturday last Mal rang me said the parts where in and I had them all fitted today , just one week start to finish fantastic after sales service  , looking at three costs the exhaust is £1300 instrument panel  £400  brake discs  £200 each well over £2000 plus  can't fault it  so very happy  with the  bike and the knowledge that it's covered by yamaha if it goes wrong   
So thanks to yamaha uk and to my dealer Jts yamaha in Swansea  south Wales UK will be buying from them again 

• Premium Member
Great to hear you have a dealer that is so good, my local dealer is only interested in parting me from my money. I even had to buy my bike from a dealer 50 miles away, because my local dealer couldn't be bothered to provide me with a test bike to ride when I gave them a weeks notice.

(Hello, I told you I wanted to buy the bike and only wanted to do the test ride to make sure it was ok. Don't go all postal and yell at me when I tell you I bought the bike somewhere else when you don't call me back for another 10 days. And you still didn't have the red bike I wanted)

• Premium Member
My dealer has been great. It's Yamaha USA that has disappointed me. I had both the side panels crack on my bike 3 months into owning it. Took it to the dealer and they submitted the claim to Yamaha, who promptly denied it. I called Yamaha customer service to find out why and they told me that it wasn't a design flaw that caused both panels to crack in exactly the same place; they said that I must have removed both panels incorrectly and caused them to crack. I told them that the panels had never been removed by me or anyone else. Didn't matter. They still said it was my fault.
After relaying the conversation I had with Yamaha to my dealer, they chose to replace the parts on my 3 month old bike at their expense.
It's interesting that Yamaha has since redesigned the panels exactly where mine cracked......

Let’s go Brandon

Your side panels cracking?
Can you provide pictures so we can look at the same location to see if maybe this is a design flaw and can add to the demand from Cypress to correct the problem on their ticket.  Thanks.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

Archived