Hello from Wisconsin!

dstroik

Hey everyone! Fellow rider from Wisconsin here. Been riding on road for about 5 years now and off road for about 15 and track riding for 2. Recently totaled my beloved, touring set up, Yamaha FZ6R when the wife and I struck a deer. I'm still recovering from my surgery due to the accident but that didn't keep me from buying a titanium 2015 FJ09 (got it for a STEAL). 

I pick up the bike Monday but I've already ordered $1,200 in accessories in anticipation!!

So far I have coming: 
- Shad SH43 side bags
- Puig touring screen
- Blaster tail light
- Engine guards
- Rim tape

my wishlist includes:
- Fog / auxiliary lights
- radiator guard
- M4 pipe (after engine break in)
- heated grips
- Givi trunk

any suggestions, recommendations or heads up with the bike or accessories is appreciated.

Thanks! 
Dan

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_2267.jpg

IMG_2274.jpg

IMG_2264.jpg

IMG_2273.jpg

Sorry to hear about the accident, and congrats on getting an FJ-09!

Looks like your Dainese gear held up well to the task at hand! I like the brand, but i do have a gripe about them that i wonder if anyone else has experienced--I recently bought a Dainese jacket and had to get it repaired under warranty, Dainese sent it to Italy in June and when they received it I got a letter saying they will get it back to me in several months because the factory closes for six weeks during the summer, I just got it back in mid October, WTF Dainese!?!

• Premium Member
Welcome to the board dstroik, glad to have you join us. You might add a new seat to your wish list, the stock one is not very comfortable.

Looks like your Dainese gear held up well to the task at hand! I like the brand, but i do have a gripe about them that i wonder if anyone else has experienced--I recently bought a Dainese jacket and had to get it repaired under warranty, Dainese sent it to Italy in June and when they received it I got a letter saying they will get it back to me in several months because the factory closes for six weeks during the summer, I just got it back in mid October, WTF Dainese!?!
In general, Europe closes for a month or so in the summer - they work to live, whereas in the US we live to work. Most surveys show Europeans are considerably happier with their lives. 

Ah, Europe. Completely weird by American standards/custom, many, if not most European companies shut down for 4-6 weeks in the summer and all the employees go vacation at the same time. Truly frustrating in the States when you want something from them. 
You'd think that in the era of global internet commerce they would end that policy, but obviously they care more about their 'forced' vacation than they do about shipping product. 
Keep Asheville weird!

You'd think that in the era of global internet commerce they would end that policy, but obviously they care more about their 'forced' vacation than they do about shipping product. 
Enjoyable customs are not necessarily "forced". Again, they don't live to work, but rather work to live - a different and probably more sensible mindset. Commerce is not necessarily the end all and be all in our very short life span. IMHO 

• Premium Member
Welcome, heal up quick and post your impressions.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
Also glad to hear you are going to recover and ride again. Hopefully your wife too.

Those Cheesehead deer are crafty and insidious. Did it survive and disappear into the night to do it again to someone else, or did you prevent that?

Where about are you in America's Dairyland (BTW,California now disagrees on that naming right)?

Archived