Top speed Blow Back

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest eatpasta
I wonder if there's any chance it's just speed limited for the first thousand miles? The owners manual says that the motor can be operated normally after 1,000 miles. Page 6-4
We have had a member confirm that at 1700mi its still limited. 
This has become quite a contentious issue, not sure we are doing much but going in circles. I'd hate to see another locked thread.....
we've had locked threads already?  really?  I never saw those

We have had a member confirm that at 1700mi its still limited. 
This has become quite a contentious issue, not sure we are doing much but going in circles. I'd hate to see another locked thread.....
Yeah, think it was this one actually, but it got unlocked after some editing.
2015 Matte Grey
Modded stock exhaust, modded stock screen, modded stock seat, OEM heated grips, LED indicators, FlashTuned ECU, ZX10R shock

and who has actually been riding the bike at 115 and have personally witnessed the limiting? I think we have one or two guys?
I ran mine on the dyno and witnessed it too....
2015 Matte Grey
Modded stock exhaust, modded stock screen, modded stock seat, OEM heated grips, LED indicators, FlashTuned ECU, ZX10R shock

Guest eatpasta
Yeah, think it was this one actually, but it got unlocked after some editing.
ahhh yes, it would seem that we had an issue with one of our members 

Ok, guy's, I'm about one more pissy post away from nuking this thread to Pluto and let the Plutonians figure it out.

let me add that every single bike that I have ever owned had issues. Issues that I corrected.Issues that many other owners of said bike didn't even notice, because back then they didn't have forums to tell them everything that was wrong with their bikes.

We walked outside, hopped on our bikes an rode the living piss outta them. If we didn't like the fueling, we rebuilt or replaced the carbs. If we didn't like the suspension, we changed the springs. And we didn't care cause it was fun customizing our bikes.

I love the FZ and FJ-09. They are awesome and fun bikes that will do so many things. Like the FZ-09, the FJ-09 is basically a naked bike with a lil screen on the front. You guys really wanna take a naked bike over up to 140? Iv'e done it on my FZ-9 and let me tell ya, it ain't fun.

But what is fun is going from 0-60 in 2.7 seconds stock. And when I flashed my ECU and installed the EJK fuel controller, my FZ-09 is really hard to keep up with from 0-100. Ask m neighbor on the R-6. Now, he used to pull away at 110 mph, but now I'm with him up to 130 or so and I top out just over 140 mph. "All on a controlled circut of course, cough cough".

If you want to ride over 115 MPH on an FJ-09, then I will find you guys an ECU reflash vendor. I like supporting Vendors because unlike one time Group buys, Supporting Vendors often take part in the forums and use our wishes to R&D products for our bikes.

But I'm sick of the bitch cry and moan. Don, thanks for editing your posts, and I understand your frustration.

But guys, you are getting a pretty cool Sport touring bike for $10,500. It may not be a Multistrada.

If you want a track bike, go get a track bike. I will not have this forum become the "everything wrong with the FJ-09-Forum".

In the meantime, Let's try to be a part of the solution, ok?

Guest eatpasta
and who has actually been riding the bike at 115 and have personally witnessed the limiting? I think we have one or two guys?
I ran mine on the dyno and witnessed it too....
I just wanted to make sure that it wast one person, and that this whole sky-is-falling thread wasn't for nothing.... 

Guest eatpasta
let me add that every single bike that I have ever owned had issues. Issues that I corrected.Issues that many other owners of said bike didn't even notice, because back then they didn't have forums to tell them everything that was wrong with their bikes. We walked outside, hopped on our bikes an rode the living piss outta them. If we didn't like the fueling, we rebuilt or replaced the carbs. If we didn't like the suspension, we changed the springs. And we didn't care cause it was fun customizing our bikes.

I do agree that forums have put bikes under the microscope a bit too much.  Some BMW sites have become so fascinated with minutia you wonder if any of those guys ever go out and ride.
    I remember one guy having a nuclear meltdown because his GS's fuel gauge would never show all the way full - he was ready to sue BMW North America because that last LED bar wouldnt illuminate even though he just gassed up and knew it was good for 200+ miles.

+ 1 for getting out and enjoying motorcycles

• Premium Member
Did you find one yet? :D Just kidding. I will be first in line to get mine reflashed, but I am not willing to have my bike down for 2 weeks to be the guinea pig.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Did you find one yet? :D Just kidding. I will be first in line to get mine reflashed, but I am not willing to have my bike down for 2 weeks to be the guinea pig.
Do they need the whole bike? Won't be riding mine for 5 or 6 weeks...

FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

Just passing along the reply i got from Yamaha Canada

Good afternoon, 

There are various reasons that 'limiters' are installed on many of our Yamaha products (everything from scooters, motorcycle and ATVs). Engineers want the units to run beautifully in a variety of situations and for riders of all experiences. 

You might find this an interesting article! 

http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/motorcycle-news/motorcycles-to-be-electronically-speed-limited-ar30952.html 

Remi,
Yamaha Canada

2015 Matte Grey

Guest eatpasta
These articles IMHO are extremely dangerous because so many more people are riding these days and the average bike is so much faster than the average bike 20 years ago so naturally there are going to be more accidents.
    Even a Kawi 250 is going to be pretty dammed fast.

yes there are always going to be crazy people who crash at 160 on the highway but those are the exception.

I hate the idea that there's going to be some panel of "experts" - none of which ride - are going to arbitrarily tell us how fast our bikes can go.

What do they care anyways?  It's .5% of the traffic on the road!

Quite an old article too. The response i got doesn't explain why it's OK for the FZ to have a different limiter though. Doesn't seem there will be any results or at least answers to be had there. Not that I expected any.
2015 Matte Grey

Archived