Back on a FJ

carey

Congrats. I have a red '15 as well. It's become my favorite of all the bikes I've ever owned, even winning against my beloved '01 FZ1. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
JG:  One of my best riding buddies has been riding a FZ1 Gen 1 for 15 years.  He has had four FZ1 Gen 1s, with each of the first 3 with over 90K, and now has 2 FZ1 Gen 2s.  Two Gen1s are still in action, with one in NH, one in LA Calif, and one in AZ soon to be replaced.  Since I've been riding with him for over 15 years, and using an FJR for 11 of those, he now owns a FJR for most of his riding, but still loves the FZ more.  Now he replaced the FZ in NH with a FZ1 Gen 2, and added a FJR partner to the AZ FZ1.  He also just picked up another FZ1 Gen 2 to replace the AZ, FZ1.  In a couple more years I'm sure he will have an FZ1 and a FJR in NH, AZ, CA and here in the PNW.  Why?  So I can go to AZ and ride with him.  :) 

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• Premium Member
Congrats. I have a red '15 as well. It's become my favorite of all the bikes I've ever owned, even winning against my beloved '01 FZ1. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
JG:  One of my best riding buddies has been riding a FZ1 Gen 1 for 15 years.  He has had four FZ1 Gen 1s, with each of the first 3 with over 90K, and now has 2 FZ1 Gen 2s.  Two Gen1s are still in action, with one in NH, one in LA Calif, and one in AZ soon to be replaced.  Since I've been riding with him for over 15 years, and using an FJR for 11 of those, he now owns a FJR for most of his riding, but still loves the FZ more.  Now he replaced the FZ in NH with a FZ1 Gen 2, and added a FJR partner to the AZ FZ1.  He also just picked up another FZ1 Gen 2 to replace the AZ, FZ1.  In a couple more years I'm sure he will have an FZ1 and a FJR in NH, AZ, CA and here in the PNW.  Why?  So I can go to AZ and ride with him.  :) 

My first gen FZ was an '01. I bought it new left-over in '03. I rode it until early this year, and at 112,xxx miles, it no longer had enough compression to start. I never had to do anything to her besides routine maintenance in all of that time (if you consider rebuilding carbs routine.) She was more dependable than any car I've ever owned.  Late last year, when it became apparent that I'd either have to rebuild it or replace it soon, I made the painful decision to look for a replacement. I just couldn't justify putting that much money into her.  Now that I have the FJ modded the way I want, I know I made the right choice. I absolutely love to ride it. Still, I'd be lying if I said I'm not on Ebay from time to time looking for a nice first gen FZ1... 

Archived