Mounting Shad 36 side cases

BBB

The instructions that came with the 3P mounts shows removal of the luggage/strap-point thing on the side of the bike and that it stays off. I'd rather keep them on if I can, so has anyone fitted these side cases leaving them on?

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

The instructions that came with the 3P mounts shows removal of the luggage/strap-point thing on the side of the bike and that it stays off. I'd rather keep them on if I can, so has anyone fitted these side cases leaving them on?

First, to answer your question, no.

Second, why do you want to keep them on?

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

I can't see an obvious way to keep them and the 3P mounts have gone on easily without them. Even with the Givi top rack mounts in place.

As for keeping them: it just seems a bit bare there without them and I thought they may be useful in the future as strapping/bungee points. 

IMG_0217.png

Hmm. From Shad's own website. Original side bits still in place. May have to do some fiddling...

If you zoom in, you can see the spacers for the Shad mounts between the seat and the bags. 2 on each side. Even with the bags on, they are perfect bungee/tie-down points. Resized_20160608_182914.jpg

Is that seat as comfortable as it looks? Also, are those rubber covers or different footpegs?

• Premium Member
If you zoom in, you can see the spacers for the Shad mounts between the seat and the bags. 2 on each side. Even with the bags on, they are perfect bungee/tie-down points. Resized_20160608_182914.jpg

Is that seat as comfortable as it looks? Also, are those rubber covers or different footpegs?
The seat is amazing. I made two 1,100 mile weekend trips to the Smokeys on it this summer. No soreness either time. I was 2-up on the first one, and she loved the seat too. If I didn't have to stop for fuel, I could stay in it all day. The pegs are FZ6/FZ1 pegs. They eliminated the vibration I was feeling in my feet. 

The seat is amazing. I made two 1,100 mile weekend trips to the Smokeys on it this summer. No soreness either time. I was 2-up on the first one, and she loved the seat too. If I didn't have to stop for fuel, I could stay in it all day. The pegs are FZ6/FZ1 pegs. They eliminated the vibration I was feeling in my feet.
Mind if I ask your height/weight? I have 1 hr commute each way to work and my ass is sore as all hell when I get to work on the stock seat. Was thinking about getting an air hawk because I use the helmet mount so taking off a 1 piece seat to access the helmet wire might not be as quick or easy. 
Also, anyone know if the seats fit the 2016?

• Premium Member
Mind if I ask your height/weight? I have 1 hr commute each way to work and my ass is sore as all hell when I get to work on the stock seat. Was thinking about getting an air hawk because I use the helmet mount so taking off a 1 piece seat to access the helmet wire might not be as quick or easy. 
I'm 5'7" with a 30 inch inseam. I weigh around 190. I don't see why it wouldn't fit a '16. The bike didn't change any from '15. 

I'm 5'7" with a 30 inch inseam. I weigh around 190. I don't see why it wouldn't fit a '16. The bike didn't change any from '15.
Seems like everyone who finds these seats comfortable is short lol. Maybe there's just no such thing as a comfortable seat when you're 6'5" (can confirm--there is no such thing as comfortable size 14 shoes). 

Seems like everyone who finds these seats comfortable is short lol. Maybe there's just no such thing as a comfortable seat when you're 6'5" (can confirm--there is no such thing as comfortable size 14 shoes). 
I'm 6' and 200 lbs with a 34 inch inseam and I love the seat. 

Archived