Trailer advice needed!

I am thinking of buying a metal sided utility trailer and installing removable wheel chocks so I could use it to cart two bikes, and also replace my pickup for hauling various items. I've never trailered a bike before. So here're the two questions I have: Will a sided utility trailer be adequate for hauling two bikes? and Will 5 X 8 be large enough, or do I need to go up to a 6 X 10. 

I am thinking of buying a metal sided utility trailer and installing removable wheel chocks so I could use it to cart two bikes, and also replace my pickup for hauling various items. I've never trailered a bike before. So here're the two questions I have: Will a sided utility trailer be adequate for hauling two bikes? and Will 5 X 8 be large enough, or do I need to go up to a 6 X 10. 
I picked up a Lowe's 5x8 trailer with about 2' sides. It's the model with the full fold down ramp so you can ride/push the bikes on with no issue. I installed 4'x3' 5/8" plywood in the front part of the trailer then two Baxley sport chocks staggered so the bikes can be installed without interfering with handlebars, etc. A center fold down tie point and two side mount eyelets for tying down from rear of bikes forward. Can load or unload both bikes in about 10 minutes. 13" wheels and it pulls like a dream.Baxley chocks are the best, period. Use code RRW and get 10% off.  

@griskins 5x8 might be enough depending on what kind of bikes you will be hauling. My dad has a 5x8 utility trailer and when he puts his Vulcan Nomad on it, no other bikes will fit.. Also the bike is so long that the back fender does not allow the ramp to close so we use a folding aluminum ramp to load the Nomad.

So two small to medium size sport/sport touring bikes will probably fit on a 5x8, put a big cruiser into the equation, it wont be big enough.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

I have a 5x8 trailer with 18" walls, and I've fit 3 Yamaha FJ1200's inside. We had to remove some turn signals and maybe an exhaust can or two, but it worked. I can easily fit two full size bikes, like a FJR and an FZ1 or V Strom.

I like the Pingel removable wheel chocks.

I picked up a Lowe's 5x8 trailer with about 2' sides. It's the model with the full fold down ramp so you can ride/push the bikes on with no issue. I installed 4'x3' 5/8" plywood in the front part of the trailer then two Baxley sport chocks staggered so the bikes can be installed without interfering with handlebars, etc. A center fold down tie point and two side mount eyelets for tying down from rear of bikes forward. Can load or unload both bikes in about 10 minutes. 13" wheels and it pulls like a dream.Baxley chocks are the best, period. Use code RRW and get 10% off. 
The Baxley chocks are the ones that are routinely used for maintenance and stand alone on the garage floor right (i.e. not made for trailer use, no bolt-down holes)? So do you fix the chocks to the trailer, or just rely on the stability of the supporting legs in addition to tie-downs?

The Baxley chocks are the ones that are routinely used for maintenance and stand alone on the garage floor right (i.e. not made for trailer use, no bolt-down holes)? So do you fix the chocks to the trailer, or just rely on the stability of the supporting legs in addition to tie-downs?
They have bolt down holes & even a kit if you can't access the bottom of the trailer (which in my case was easy to do with bolts/washers/nuts from Ace Hardware).Here's Baxley's bolt down instructions.https://www.baxleycompanies.com/Boltdown.html 

They have bolt down holes & even a kit if you can't access the bottom of the trailer (which in my case was easy to do with bolts/washers/nuts from Ace Hardware).Here's Baxley's bolt down instructions.https://www.baxleycompanies.com/Boltdown.html
Nice, they def look like the best choice for chocks!

Archived