Touring with a good friend

Guest dmizer

A friend of mine and I have been planning to start putting videos together for a while now. We finally got around to putting out our first video a week ago. Enjoy!

• Premium Member
A friend of mine and I have been planning to start putting videos together for a while now. We finally got around to putting out our first video a week ago. Enjoy! 

Looks like a fun ride and I enjoyed the video. Nicely done!

Whoa...flashbacks!

I was stationed in Japan twice while I was in the Navy, both times at Misawa Air Base up North in Aomori Prefecture. Spent a LOT of time riding roads much like those in the video.

One of my best memories is riding to the Cherry Blossom Festival on the grounds of the Hirosaki Castle. WOuld have been in 1972. Single at the time, two Navy buddies and I rode up on our Yamaha RT360's. The local folks were very friendly and interested in practicing their English with us. Good thing, because most of the Japanese I knew was more suited to bars than family gatherings...

You're lucky @phpaul ... Aomori is a really special place in Japan. I've only been up that far north once and it was certainly an experience I won't soon forget.

• Premium Member
Wow! That's fantastic! It's like West Virginia.....with a full set of teeth! :^)
Hey!!!!! >:( 

Some of us have all our teeth..... :)   Not me of course.... ;)

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

rt360.jpg

Picture as we were leaving the base for the ride to Hirosaki.  Me on the left, Greg Gentle in the middle and Danny Bell on the right.

For something that happened so long ago (44 years...sheesh...) it seems like yesterday in my mind.

Archived