What is the colour of your FJ-09?

Ok.....I gotta ask......there's only a limited amount of colors that have been offered thus far by Yamaha.............this thread is interesting why?

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry for background, I have a CX500 build going on and my garage is rough at the moment.

My bike is actually the grey/black color scheme which is a little too plain for my taste. I wrapped it in 3M "Perfect Blue" with a "Diamond White" stripe down the middle. I know it's probably not for everyone but I love it.

Wrapping is an EXTREME PITA on this bike with all the pieces so this is really a crap job if you look closely. However, I'm liking the bike so much (Originally I was just going to ride it while I looked for the right BMW S1000XR) I may have the same wrap done by a pro.

Here's the crazy thing that was totally unintentional... when I ride on the freeway, 4 out of 5 cars will pull over and let me by thinking I'm a police officer.  IT"S AMAZING!

Hope you like it,

DeepSix

IMG_0021.jpg

• Thumbsup 3

Good lookin' job that!   I have never got to know just what's involved in this 'wrap' approach - to the best of my knowledge it's either unknown or at least very uncommon here.   Could you please give some more details of the materials used and the process.   I wouldn't mind trying it on my pannier lids... TIA.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

The wrap is just a vinyl material that has a lot of stretch to it when heated. Everything I know about it, I learned on Youtube watching others and their tutorials. The biggest trick I've found for any of this is cutting your starting piece much larger than you actually need. It's wasteful but it allows you to move the "stretch" around more easily and get imperfections off of the piece and onto the discarded material.

Panniers would be a very good place to start. Most shouldn't be that complicated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Supporting Member

@deepsix - Looks great, nice job. 

I have the same Shad bags and LOVE that two-tone look, I might try something similar. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, peporter said:

....fast is controlled by the wrist, not the color.

Who'da known that....?

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...