• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Mine was originally a ‘20 Red and black, but I ditched the red. Replaced the gold forks with black, changed out the wheels for blurple ones, etc….it’s something I do with all my bikes. Was first going to go with the matte blue, but I couldn’t get a vin from Europe to order parts. Oh well. 🤪

• Thumbsup 1

• 4 months later...

Went for the rust red/flat black.  I originally wanted a shiny black/silver with blue accents and blue wheels but this was the unit that the dealer had in stock.  Surprisingly, I'm not tired of it, and the flat finish stands up really well.  

Tracer wtith beak resized smaller.jpg

image.png.4f22f98ddb1c907dd337e687d0d4a378.png

Edited by Jayzonk
  • Thumbsup 1

I've heard all kinds of funny things said about the way bikes look on the forums over the years.  It's rare that you get consensus on a bike being beautiful, but some are more polarizing than others.  Had a VFR1200F that was very polarizing...even to me.  If you looked at it from certain angles, it was menacing.  From other angles, it looked almost like a bit of a scooter.   Very different.  
I was reading a post on the V Strom forum where someone described the Tracer as "being taken off of bake in the oven ten minutes early..."  so ridic!  I have no complaints about the V Strom's appearance, but I don't see that it trumps the Tracer by any extent.  
At the moto show about four years ago, the big manufacturers were still coming out, and any and every bike being brought to Canada was there.  After looking at all of the bling on the Beemer and Ducati side, the Tracer was an actual fresh welcome....in sort of that  beautiful simplicity way.  And size-wise, it was winning too.  It's funny how the most sensible things fall into obscurity some times.