Ermax vs.CalSCi - had both?

How2

Looking to see if anyone has had both  on the FJ-09 for a comparison review.

Looked at the existing threads but don't see what I am looking for.

Ers look more stylish but the Cal Scis definitely work (on the 06, FJR1300)

H2

• Supporting Member
I am interested this as well.  Would love to read opinions or comparisons.  I am interested in shorter or "sport" sized screens, Ermax sport, Parabellum Flyscreen or CalSci Shorty etc. 
I have read the entire windscreen thread and there seems to be as many people that hate any given screen as there are those that love the same one.  Its a minimum $100 gamble with each one.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
I would like to add MADSTAD shield for the discussion. http://www.madstad.com/s.nl/sc.7/category.13491/.f
I went with the 20" medium dark and I'm 5'8". I did not like the look of the V-Stream on my bike. What is really nice about this shield is being able to adjust the angles and height until you get the performance and look you need. From the side view I matched the sides angles of the bike. At my height of 5'8" I look entirely over the short 20" shield for all but directly in front of the bike, So at night I'm not really missing and varmints entering the road. When I got the height set right the wind deflects 2" over my helmet. So if you're 6' you could set the height to at least get the air over your visor.
Here is the kicker for me. After testing and adjusting for all conditions I came up with a shield position that works and LOOKS really great. Then, I removed the adjuster knob from the Bike's shield frame and replaced it with a nut and bolt. Then I drilled another hole so I could nut and bolt a second location below the adjusted knob location. This really secured the shield and made it an integrated part of the bike when everything is tightened.
The cockpit is really calm but I have been driving in colder weather and noticed air coming off the side of the tank that travels up my arms. I guess you can't have everything in a sport shield but for the looks and performance I'm really satisfied with this shield.
Dennis, near Chicago

I would like to add MADSTAD shield for the discussion. http://www.madstad.com/s.nl/sc.7/category.13491/.f I went with the 20" medium dark and I'm 5'8". I did not like the look of the V-Stream on my bike. What is really nice about this shield is being able to adjust the angles and height until you get the performance and look you need. From the side view I matched the sides angles of the bike. At my height of 5'8" I look entirely over the short 20" shield for all but directly in front of the bike, So at night I'm not really missing and varmints entering the road. When I got the height set right the wind deflects 2" over my helmet. So if you're 6' you could set the height to at least get the air over your visor.
Here is the kicker for me. After testing and adjusting for all conditions I came up with a shield position that works and LOOKS really great. Then, I removed the adjuster knob from the Bike's shield frame and replaced it with a nut and bolt. Then I drilled another hole so I could nut and bolt a second location below the adjusted knob location. This really secured the shield and made it an integrated part of the bike when everything is tightened.
The cockpit is really calm but I have been driving in colder weather and noticed air coming off the side of the tank that travels up my arms. I guess you can't have everything in a sport shield but for the looks and performance I'm really satisfied with this shield.
Dennis, near Chicago

I have the madstad 22 and I like it a lot ! Whit all different height and angle settings that is possible I think it fits us all. And it's nice looking too !

Archived