Hey from Ottawa, Canada

nubby

Hey All.
New member from Ottawa, Canada looking for FJ-09 solutions to a few deficiencies before the purchase.
Was considering the Versys and the V-Strom but leaning toward the FJ now. Reading up on improved wind protection and a solid side luggage system that fits a modular full face like the Versys.
Sh36’s or the stock FJR bags would seem to fit the bill.
Anyway that’s for the wealth of information you all post!

Welcome nubby!
Not exactly good riding weather here in Ottawa the past 10 days. Snow, more snow, and this morning's freezing rain.
Here's my 2 wheel ride here for the next 4 months or so:
http://i.imgur.com/0FMkbg4.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/epuOa33.jpg
(That's a Condor motorcycle wheel chock, that normally lives in my trailer.)
FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

Hey right back!... from Mississauga ON. Welcome to the forum... enjoy reading and dreaming about Spring over the Winter months.
It’s a terrible time to get the bike bug back! I’m about 12 years since my last street bike. My boys and I have had dirt bikes but nothing street legal in so long!

Welcome nubby!Not exactly good riding weather here in Ottawa the past 10 days. Snow, more snow, and this morning's freezing rain.
Here's my 2 wheel ride here for the next 4 months or so:

Pushing those tires all winter will keep you in good shape to ride in the spring! :-)Great to see another from Ottawa. MSW has a few leftover 2016’s on for 9,499 and hopefully few extra fees. PS has one left advertising at 9799 with about a gand of freight and PDI they told me Sunday so I’ll have to get into MSW this week if I get a chance.
Any must have additions I should be including at the time of purchase?

So far my list is only
-SH36 side cases and mounts
-Factory heated grips as they seem to be controlled through the bikes system.

I confirmed with MSW here in Ottawa today it’s 9499.00 plus tax and license. No freight, PDI etc.
Unfortunately I just heard back from my insurance and the FJ is 400 more a year than the 1000 Versys and they seem to have misclassified the V-Strom as a sport/race bike and won’t quote.

I confirmed with MSW here in Ottawa today it’s 9499.00 plus tax and license. No freight, PDI etc. Unfortunately I just heard back from my insurance and the FJ is 400 more a year than the 1000 Versys and they seem to have misclassified the V-Strom as a sport/race bike and won’t quote.

That is a good price.  There is a 2016 FJ-09 (Silver) still for sale at a dealer in Winnipeg (last FJ-09 in the city).  They are asking $9,999.00 but I got mine for $9,800 plus $400 dealer prep (plus tax and licence of course): 
http://www.wildwoodsports.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?veh=495841&pov=4578665

The price is right! The only thing holding me back is the insurance cost.
Versys 1000: 800.00
Versys 650: 650.00
FJ-09: 1,200.00
V-Strom: (This is a race bike and uninsurable) LOL

I think I need a new broker! Who else should I contact in Ontario?

Archived