New log in page?

• Premium Member
When I went to log into this forum on my laptop I got a new screen that asks to log in. Full page in blue background. Is this for real? I don't get this on my smart phone.
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

• Premium Member
Yep. I'm not sure that it's productive either. I viewed and read a few threads in this forum while researching my recent purchase. It was the good content of this forum that encouraged me to register. Other forums that require a sign-up/registration wall before being able to check the quality of the content causes me to simply skip them.

The limited access and the "You have viewed XX conversations, please consider registering" was an annoyingly perfect balance, IMO. I understand the need for growth in a forum community, but I feel that this type of registration wall encourages the wrong kind of growth. While some will be deterred from even looking, it encourages the creation of accounts that will register and then be inactive because curious people use throw-away or junk mail accounts for such things. Those that would stay and participate as active members likely will do so without the wall.

Archived