Greetings from Olympia, Wa.

betoney

• Supporting Member
I just picked up my brand new left over 2015 candy red FJ about 2 hours ago.  Of course the forecast is looking gloomy with a threat of snow, but I hope to get some miles on her eventually.

I previously had a 2006 FZ1 (fantastic bike) with all of the usual mods as well as R1 suspension and brakes setup by GP Suspension.  Unfortunately I hit a deer and totaled her, but I was able to walk away virtually unscathed. 

So far my bike is 100% stock except for right angle valve stems installed by the dealer as part of the initial uncrating and assembly.  2wheeldynoworks flashed my FZ1 ECU with FANTASTIC results and that will be my first order of business on the FJ.

I look forward to being a contributing member here. 

Brian

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I just picked up my brand new left over 2015 candy red FJ about 2 hours ago.  Of course the forecast is looking gloomy with a threat of snow, but I hope to get some miles on her eventually. 
I previously had a 2006 FZ1 (fantastic bike) with all of the usual mods as well as R1 suspension and brakes setup by GP Suspension.  Unfortunately I hit a deer and totaled her, but I was able to walk away virtually unscathed. 

So far my bike is 100% stock except for right angle valve stems installed by the dealer as part of the initial uncrating and assembly.  2wheeldynoworks flashed my FZ1 ECU with FANTASTIC results and that will be my first order of business on the FJ.

Brian

Congrats on the new FJ and welcome to the forum! The more you put into this place, the more you will get out of it!

• Premium Member

Brian

Welcome, Brian, and congrats on your excellent choice of bike.  I too am a former FZ1 owner (2001) and had to lay her to rest with over 100K miles on the clock. The FJ-09 was the closest newer replacement I could find to the first gen FZ1 (considering ergonomics, performance, and price.) I installed a slip-on and reflashed the ECU myself, and now it's every bit as fast as the FZ1 was (until she tops out in the low 130's; the FZ1 had taller gears, and would do better than 150.) But, it handles better out of the box, and how often do I need to go faster than 130? 
You're going to love this bike, and you'll enjoy the vast amount of information available on this forum.

• Premium Member
Congratulations, I'm in Seattle - so not too far away. ECU flash by Nels is up here, easy ride up to get the flash redone. But as you know I'm sure, riding is pretty sketchy for the next few months around the PNW.

Archived