too big?

ronf

I'm 6'2" and have the seat on the high setting. It's a great size for me and the only problem I think you may have is air turbulence around your helmet making it a noisy ride. I've had to go for a tall screen and clip on top of that to get quiet air.

As for your weight, you're well within the capabilities of the bike so I can't see it being a problem.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Supporting Member
I just bought my FJ two days ago, I am loving it so far.  I am 6'-1" and 220#

The bar clamps can be rotated forward for a 10mm difference, the seat has 2 height positions, you can order lower foot peg mounts and there are many different handlebar height and bend options.  You should easily be able to find some combination that works.

I modify ergonomics to fit me on every bike I have ever owned.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
I'm 6'4 and heavier than you. While my legs are a bit more bent than on my other bikes (a Transalp and a Shiver 750 GT) I find the Tracer quite comfortable for rides up to three-four hours. I am trying to find a seat that's a little bit higher and a little less like a wooden plank, not sure how that would affect how I feel about the handle bars, which I do not currently see the need to do anything about. I do a bit of two up riding with pillions that are up to 120 pounds, the bike still handles well.

• Premium Member
one way to raise your butt to give more leg room is to add an airhawk or bean bag. The bean bag is a cheap way to find if this works for you before you invest in a more costly, permanent solution.

http://www.bumbags4bikers.co.uk/ - made my Tracer too high for me (only 5'8" tall with 32" inside leg) but it works okay on my other bike

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi I'm 6'3" and 280 pounds. I find my FJ to be comfortable for a few hours, but man, the 11.5 hour, 442 mile day was getting a little uncomfortable at the end. Legroom was getting a bit cramped on that trip, but I'll say the bars are in the right place - my upper body felt fine. My rear and knees were pretty sore. I had about a 40 pound load that day, and while 99% of the riding was fine, I did scrape the belly of the bike on a few 'G-Out' road indentations, and over EVERY speed bump in site. FWIW - Power is very abundant! No issues there!

For your height, you may need to move the bars and almost definitely the pegs. Weighing considerably less than me, I'll bet the springs would be fine.

For me, personally, my bike needs changed dramatically last year. I realized that while I wanted to have a fun time riding back and forth to work, what I really wanted was a Go Everywhere, Haul Everything kinda bike. I splurged on a KTM 1190 Adventure and am loving it.

Archived