Now the Italians - Turin police will chase you on Tracers

wessie

• Premium Member
I see they opted for a different screen from the French. Looks to be Yamaha's touring screen, and the hand guards are stock as well. The French bike looks nicer IMO. Good find...means there's faith in the bike long term out there.
The Italian firms don't seem to make anything to compare - maybe an Aprilia Caponord but 75% dearer.

Plus Yamaha make stuff in Italy (took over the Minarelli engine factory in Bologna) and use a lot of Brembo parts, so it's no surprise they have got a deal with the Italian government. 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
I like the blue and white.
these are the municipal police, so it's green & white - blue & white would be the Carabinieri and not to be messed with
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

I like the rear seat delete and small storage box in it's place.

I hope someone comes up with a simple option like that for a few hundred bucks where you remove your rear grab bars, the rear seat, and perhaps the rear side luggage mounts, and replace it all with a bolt on low profile box you can put stuff in. (Make it with a "formed" lid, and expandable zipper sides, to allow for a gallon of milk to fit, or your helmet.. Perfect when you need it, not in the way when you don't.)

It would fit a light jacket, some over gloves, spare visors and stuff you take along ever day, but don't always need. And allow for that stop by the store on the way home to pick up some groceries when you need just a few things.

• Premium Member
One more thing. Those tires? Wonder what's happened to the stock ones? (Could be a source of cheap used "new" take off tires?) 
Just wondering.
Doubt it - probably spec'ed and factory fitted. 

The tyres look like Metzeler Roadtec Z8, a great tyre fitted to my BMW R1200RS. The Italian police use a lot of BMW bikes so probably have a deal with Metzeler, a German brand owned by Italian Pirelli.

Most police forces would do the same. I know my local lot only use Michelin tyres. That way, you always have a spare tyre on the shelf, probably already fitted to a loose wheel so a vehicle with a puncture is back on the road in a few minutes. 

Archived