How long did your original battery last ?

ilanr1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Premium Member
My new-to-me 2015 has a weak battery so I just ordered a Shorai LiFe replacement. Been using one in my ST1100 for just over a year now and happy with it.

Model LFX19A4-BS12 from Amazon for $156.55.

These LiFe batteries are much lighter than the gel or lead acid units they replace.

• Premium Member
I replaced mine at 29,388 miles, some 26 months after I bought the bike. I replaced the original stocker with a Scorpion Stinger LiFepo4 High Output (kinda expensive!) one.

The original stock one was beginning to need overnight charging to start. I didn't want to wind up stuck somewhere after a stop with a bike that wouldn't start...
Don't follow. Don't lead. Don't join.

Mine lasted 1 1/2 years, I keep it on a battery tender the last 6 months. One day I went out to ride and the light had turned red on the tender, tried to charge it no luck so I jumped it and took a brisk 50 mile ride, shut it off and tried to start it....nothing. Replaced and new battery has been on tender from day one.

Battery life averages from 4-8 years on my bikes. I just got my FJ so I can't speak for it yet. 8 years on my old Concours. When I bought it the seller said it was new. It died a month before I sold it 8 years later. About 4-5 years for my HawkGT, FJR and my wife's Vulcan750. The Vulcan saw about 600 miles a year. The HawkGT sees maybe a couple thousand. The FJR about 4K a year.

I keep all my bikes on a Del-Tran battery tender year round.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Premium Member

I replaced my stock battery after 33 months/36,000 miles.  There were no performance symptoms but testing showed some degradation.  I attach a battery tender if I’m not sure I will ride in next couple of days.

IBA Member #59800

3 Nations Brewing Mug Club #100

Mine is over 3 years... it's starting to get a little weak when it's cold so will be replacing it soon.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA