• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Satisfied with my FJ09

...The ONLY concern I have with the grips is they are a very hard material, I'm not sure how they will fare when I switch to summer gloves, I have previously used dual compound gel grips in the past...
A few forum members have used "grip puppies" over the OEM heated grips and claim it works great. I personally don't find the grips too hard, but I can certainly understand what you mean.. they are on the harder side of things.
+1

Yep, grip puppies for me too.
Honda SS50, Kawasaki Z200, Honda 400/4, Yamaha TDM900, Yamaha XT660Z Tenere, KTM 990 Adventure, BMW R1200GS, Mr Stevens, and my favourite of all: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer...a bit like FJ-09 only properly named :¬P

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FJ 09 is perfect bike for me and my style of riding. I did all the basic up grades, 2WDW reflash, Ohlins suspension, APR cam chain tensioner, Vibranators in handle bars, mirror extenders, Air Hawk seat cushion, Higdion (sp?) cage and skid plate, all the stuff I would do for any bike.

Backordered Yamaha Heated Grips shipped yesterday......
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.  Between the heated grips and my Tourmaster heated vest, I have taken several rides lately with temps in the 30's and been toasty warm.  A word of caution, they get HOT!, when you initially set the heat levels, try lower numbers, like 2/4/6 to start with.  The ONLY concern I have with the grips is they are a very hard material, I'm not sure how they will fare when I switch to summer gloves, I have previously used dual compound gel grips in the past.

Thank you for the heads up.  I don't expect hard grips will be a problem as I have always preferred the slimmest grips possible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Very happy with my red FJ-09. Mods include ECU flash by 2wheeldynoworks, McCruise, Scottoiler, Traxxion full suspension upgrade, Akra Titanium exhaust, Corbin saddle, PIAA driving lights, OEM bags and top case, and Madstad 24" windscreen. Prior bikes were Honda Nighthawk 750 and Kawasaki Concours. The last bike was too heavy and more power than I needed. The FJ is the perfect size and has power and torque to spare. This bike will be my long termer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Premium Member
I prefer my black version, but would love your springy bits and cruise control. Since you won't make any money on the mods, might as well go back to stock and sell me the fun stuff...right? ;)

Chadman http://www.twistypedia.com
The roster: '79 Honda XL 125 '83, Honda Ascot VT500, '84 Kawasaki GPz 550, '83 Honda VF700, '86 Kawasaki Ninja 600, '87 Kawasaki Ninja 1000, '84 Suzuki GSX-R 750, '96 Honda CBR600F, '98 Kawasaki ZX-7R, '85 Kawasaki Ninja 600, '01 Suzuki GSX-R 750, '16 Yamaha FJ-09, '15 Yamaha FJR1300ES, KTM 1290 Super Duke GT

• Premium Member
Excuse the error. I meant farkle. Another fat finger iPhone mistake.
Just go back and use the edit button. I fixed it for you.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
I originally purchased the FJ-09 because it was at a price I simply could not pass up. It wasn't initially even considered. I have 4,800 miles on it this year so far and the desire for other motorcycles (New street triple, new R6, etc...) is slowly dying. Every time I ride the FJ-09 I realize it does everything, and does it all well enough for me.

I'm beginning to like mine with the addition of better grips, bar end weights, ADV foot pegs, new Full Ktech suspension, new seat, new tires, brake pads, new windscreen.........the list goes on.

Archived