The FJ-09 improves with some upgrades

Outrageous.  Just so I can increase my indignant self righteousness please share the mileage and months on the road prior to "dropping a cylinder" 
Thank you and WELCOME BACK!
Sorry to disappoint but it was a sensor gone bad, bike went into fail safe mode and deactivated the front cylinder. Dealer overestimated the problem. In any event it certainly put a spur to me about finding an FJ-09.
It really is electrics on anything Italian isn't it.  Style. The Italians do style. 
I had a Yamaha xt660z tenere, and magic smoke kept escaping from that.   Turns out it was manufactured in Italy. My Vespa 300gts had a weak indicator, easily sorted but annoying.

I'm back to manufactured in Japan bikes - budget yes, but consistently no surprises of the incorrect type.

Anyway pleased it was not anything too serious
Honda SS50, Kawasaki Z200, Honda 400/4, Yamaha TDM900, Yamaha XT660Z Tenere, KTM 990 Adventure, BMW R1200GS, Mr Stevens, and my favourite of all: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer...a bit like FJ-09 only properly named :¬P

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporting Member
I'm back to manufactured in Japan bikes - budget yes, but consistently no surprises of the incorrect type.
I have always said to myself, "if the Italians designed it, and the Japanese built it, I would buy it."  ;) 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

There is something about the Ducatis, in addition to high cost, poor reliability, and engineering second to everyone that is magical when you’re riding them. I think it may be that in spite of the above that you are able to ride it!

...thank you! :D 
I test rode the Monster 821 in 2015.... and if it weren't for the fact that it cooked my right limb with the exhaust pipe, and had funky fueling....it'd be a pretty good bike, and I might have taken the bait... I still remember the salesman's response after I commented on the exhaust pipe... "motorcycles get hot, if you don't like that... buy a scooter"..... wow! The Monster's exhaust note and spartan looks were magical though.
Funky fueling?  Why spend Ducati money when it comes standard on the FJ-09?  Must admit it's not that bad and is an easy fix on the FJ 

Back on track here... At 265lbs. my OEM seat would hit the plastic panels beneath it. Upgraded to the Corbin was much more sturdy and comfortable. plus Madstad  adjustable windscreen, McCruise, Shad side cases, rubber foot pegs, OEM grip heaters. Givi tank lock bag. Suspension  next up, but at my weight should've been done already. 

15J09-05FJR1300-07DL1000-16GSX1000S

Archived