• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 45 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Anyone fitted new Yamaha QSS (Quick-shift system)

Hi,
the new 2017 FJ09 has possibility to install a new Quick Shift System as accessory.

"Ready to Accessorize
The 2017 FJ-09 is ready for a range of Genuine Yamaha accessories, including windscreens, luggage and more. Performance-minded riders can also install a new Quick Shift System to unlock clutchless full-throttle upshifts for even sportier performance."

Has anyone fitted this Quick Shift System in a new 2017 or if is possible in a 2015 or 2016 unit?

many thanks.

Im in love with my Woolich QS choice... Looking into the OP question i dont see the Yamaha QS yet on the interweb... I suspect its just the same thing as the QS by Annitori Racing(vast majority of QS are used this way) i use on my FZ-07 which has piggy back connectors to attach to the coil pack on each spark plug which requires no ECU modification to work...the Woolich QS i use has to be set up thru the ECU to work since it uses the stock O2 connector and wiring to work(o2 sensor is disabled thru Woolich software)...

As for the QS offered by Yamaha i dunno if it will work with older FJ-09 yet, we need more information to work off of, is it special in a certain way? Where is it connected to, pictures of wire length, etc are the wire OEM looms the same for older years??, etc

Dynojet and Healtech are 2 other excellent QS platform that require no ECU reflash...you can also get a QS thru Flashtune which 2wdw can set up for you as it requires an ECU flash...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• 1 month later...
I use the Flash Tune quick shift. I installed it last spring. It requires their flash, kit, rods and switch. It uses the tip over sensor to interrupt the spark. You need to be over 4,000 RPM for it to work. It provides a smooth shift and I find myself using it often, not just during hard acceleration.

Kurt

• 6 months later...
https://www.shopyamaha.com/product/details/fz-09-gytr-quick-shifter-kit

this?

the 2017 bikes have a different ECU bin file than the pre-2017 bikes so its very likely the pre-2017 bikes do not have the ECU set up for the QS or the 2017 bikes have an extra connection built into the wiring harness that the pre-2017 bikes do not...

https://www.shopyamaha.com/product/details/fz-09-gytr-quick-shifter-kit 
this?

the 2017 bikes have a different ECU bin file than the pre-2017 bikes so its very likely the pre-2017 bikes do not have the ECU set up for the QS or the 2017 bikes have an extra connection built into the wiring harness that the pre-2017 bikes do not...
Yes, that quick shifter kit.

I know these differences, but I think that probably someone, with a pre-2017 model, has added a wire from the ECU to the qc and he has changed some setting in the ECU to activate it.

many other QS options available on the market that are already plug and play that work with both up and down shifts or GP style shifting not just upshifts like the Yamaha one...

any reason why you want to use this QS?
This QS is gonna cost you more to get started(I am assuming you dont have any software to read/write an ECU)

many other QS options available on the market that are already plug and play that work with both up and down shifts or GP style shifting not just upshifts like the Yamaha one... 
This QS is gonna cost you more to get started(I am assuming you dont have any software to read/write an ECU)
Hi norcal616,
no any reason, just because I think that maybe the Yamaha QS could be more simple installation than others.

Hi norcal616, no any reason, just because I think that maybe the Yamaha QS could be more simple installation than others.
The simplest one to install and set up/fine tune, like without having to set the "kill times" is the one by FlashTune in which 2WDW can set up your ECU if you already got your ECU reflashed from them?  Or send FlashTune your ECU to activate the QS  
Cleanest looking one is by Healtech

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
This was posted just a few days ago:

[video src=https://youtu.be/mlBhPZdVqb8]

This guy shows installing a Yamaha quickshifter on an R6, and then takes it out for a ride:
[video src=https://youtu.be/3wAvbQ_5dU8]

• 3 weeks later...

Archived