Multistrada 1200

Scuba

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've had the MTS1200 '12, before getting the FZ/MT back in 2013. Together with the Triumph Street Triple, this is possibly the shortest ownership i've had of bikes.

The list of errors, faults, problems is far too long to mention here.
Back in september, i saw it again at the dealer, from where i swapped it to the MT - and the new sales guy didn't know my relationship with it, until i told him. "Hmm, did you have many problems with it?" he asked - oh yes!
They have gone through the second complete rebuild of the engine: the first one Ducati ate on warranty despite a month out - but this time, no other to pay that the owner.

It act much worse, if there is rain in the forecast, let alone the electrics get wet, you're getting into troubles with it.

Many hope for an increase in the build quality after Audi have taken over. Fear not - that haven't happened. Sadly.

Having owned an aprilia too, i am clearly over having any italian bikes for the next foreseeable future - but every have each their opinion, choose what feels best for you :)

There are 3 reasons I stick with the Multistrada; My friend owns the dealership and he gave me the bike at his cost, I got 0% financing so I'm using Ducati's money to ride the bike, and it's under warranty. I guess the fourth reason is I haven't found an FJ-09 yet.  Kinda of crazy that I have the Ducati only because it was the best deal out there.  Beyond my friend I'm certainly not attached to the bike or the brand although they do have cool apparel.  I will say compared to the BMW I had the Ducati is better quality, better backed by the company and the dealer, and more trouble free.  Ducati quality is on the rise, maybe at a glacial rate while BMW quality is dropping like a stone.  

Archived