Pilot Trans Urban Jacket - to buy or not to buy?

upshift

• Premium Member
Has anyone had firsthand experience with Pilot products - more specifically the Trans Urban jacket?

It looks pretty good and most of the reviews I can find online are quite positive, plus the cost is really reasonable ($150 via the Pilot website).
Just wondering if anyone has actually used the product and can comment on it.

Thanks, in advance.

Nice looking jacket. It looks very similar to my Alpinestars Andes jacket, but almost half the price. Don't have any experience with Pilot though..

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Supporting Member
I have never even heard of Pilot brand, but that looks like a very nice jacket with some great features.  It kind of reminds me of my Tourmaster Transitions 2.0 jacket but at a better price.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
Just pulled the trigger on a Pilot Trans.Urban jacket.

Super clearout going on at the Pilot site, including a 10% off discount coupon (ZRYPRN231), and this highly-acclaimed jacket came in at a mere $135, including free shipping within CONUS.
If you're in the market for a new jacket, do yourself a favour and check them out. Maybe treat yourself to a Breeze Blocker, too, while you're at it… (you know you deserve it!)

Pilot_Trans_Urban.png

• Supporting Member
Just pulled the trigger on a Pilot Trans.Urban jacket.
Definitely let us know what you think of it as far as build quality when you actually get it in your hands.  Then do a write up after you have worn it on a ride.  Considering the low price, I hope it is a high quality jacket. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
Pilot is new to me. Maybe I'm a gear snob, but normally I would not even consider a jacket in this price range. The webbikeworld seal of approval gives it cred though IMO.

I'd like to read how the products held up in a crash.

IBA Member #59800

3 Nations Brewing Mug Club #100

• Premium Member
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
UPDATE: I've had a chance to try out my new Pilot Trans Urban Jacket on a few rides and have to say that it's pretty great. Really nice construction all through, loads of thoughtful features, really warm and comfortable, and although I haven't been caught in any serious rain showers to test its waterproof claims, the fit and finish leave me feeling confident that it would keep me nice and dry.

The only minor complaint I might have is that the main exterior pockets (ie. where you would put your hands to warm them up) are a little small and I've twice had my bike keys fall out of them (note to self: use breast pocket that features a custom key ring clip, dummy). Apparently, they expanded pocket sizes on the V2 version that's available now, so that issue should be remedied.

Overall, I'd give it 4.5/5 stars for fit, finish, and functionality and 6/5 for value (it was $135 shipped, if you can believe it).
If you're looking for a quality 3-season jacket, check 'em out at http://www.pilotmotosport.com/trans-urban-jacket/

(and don't be afraid to use the promo code ZRYPRN231 for 10% off your whole order)

Archived