An amazing heart and heartbreak

Sorry to hear of your loss.

You and Fay shared a passion that lives deep inside no matter where either of you are. Memories are there forever and cheerish them.

Thank you for sharing your story and your love for an extremely special woman with whom you love so deeply.

Don't give up the ride, she will be with you through every corner.

Kimmie......the lady who likes to take little detours :)

wow, got my vision all fuzzed up for some reason.... beautiful story, says a lot about the power of joy and love to make what time we have the most vital.
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

• 6 months later...
  • Supporting Member
@rockinsv - I somehow missed this when you first posted. Thanks so much for sharing your story... it is both inspiring and heartbreaking at the same time. It sounds like you have known a love that very few will ever experience. Cherish and live in the happy memories.
  • Thumbsup 1

@rockinsv - I somehow missed this when you first posted. Thanks so much for sharing your story... it is both inspiring and heartbreaking at the same time. It sounds like you have known a love that very few will ever experience. Cherish and live in the happy memories.
+1 I don't know how I missed this, but I echo what texscottyd said. 

• 1 year later...
  • Premium Member

I've only recently become forum friends with rockinsv but we live within a half hour or so near each other.  I sure hope we get to ride together and soon.  I am emotionally drained after reading this.  Thanks for sharing this with everyone.

• Supporting Member
On 1/28/2017 at 1:52 PM, rockinsv said:

I am sharing this with a very heavy heart, but I wanted to put it down in writing. Thanks for indulging me.

I wasn't around when you and your family experienced the loss of your wife, rockinsv.  Your descriptions of shared interests, love and compassion is something which a lot of folks can only dream of experiencing in a lifetime.  Sincerest condolences to you and yours.

• Thumbsup 1
2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT (Annabelle)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Juliette)
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 (Rachel)
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S (Fiona)
2006 Honda VFR800 (Jenny)
2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Hannah)
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 (Veronica)

9 hours ago, fjray said:

I've only recently become forum friends with rockinsv but we live within a half hour or so near each other.  I sure hope we get to ride together and soon.  I am emotionally drained after reading this.  Thanks for sharing this with everyone.

I'm looking forward to that ride Ray.

• Supporting Member

Rockinsv, as a fellow widower my heart goes out to you. You did a great job of taking care of your wife and making memories to get you through the sad times because in the end, that is all you have.  

Edited by roadrash83
  • Thumbsup 1

He who dies with the most toys wins.