Aussie MT-09 Tracer thread....

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia
I think that thin grey spacer you mention is just some sort of anti-friction bit. Mine is also pretty 'loose' and rotates readily,  but that seems to be how it is. [em] Notaworry,[/em] I'd say!
L

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mccruise
Hi Steve,

Are you interested in cruise control on your bike? We do a special deal for anyone lending us a bike for development. Free installation and a small discount on the kit cost delivers savings of around $500AUD, but we need the bike for about 3 weeks. It takes that long for special stainless steel brackets to be designed and cut - IF we require them, but we usually do.....then it takes another 4 weeks to do all the documentation to bring the kit to market. The bike is not required for that however, so the minimum time required is about one week, but usually three. We are in Mt. Waverley. Come see us or give us a call if you want to discuss - 03 98082804. I am on holiday right now - 0408 750 122.

Guest mccruise
Hi all,

Thinking of buying a Tracer to replace my TDM900.  Any feedback on recalls, issues, technical problems?  Cost of consumables - air filters, oil filters etc?  I have only ever purchased one new bike - an Ossa Wildfire sports 250cc in 1969 - so this might be my last one!  I need it to be good..

Hi fellow tracer owners
I have now covered 1600kms and love this bike.I am coming from a gtr 1400 which I really love, but after riding the tracer my priorities have changed. Tomorrow I am going to get a Ecu reflash so will keep you all updated.

Hi fellow tracer owners I have now covered 1600kms and love this bike.I am coming from a gtr 1400 which I really love, but after riding the tracer my priorities have changed. Tomorrow I am going to get a Ecu reflash so will keep you all updated.

Hey Amigo1456, it's a great bike. I also considering getting the ECU flashed. Where is Australia are you getting it done? I am in Sydney. What can they do - the same as on the forum in the U.S.A? Cheers

Hi Jordo27
I am in Brisbane, had mine done this morning, very smooth now. Kev does it only about 10kms from where I am, he took it out and done the reflash for$200, you can send it to him and he will do also. Well worth it.

Hi Steve, 
Are you interested in cruise control on your bike? We do a special deal for anyone lending us a bike for development. Free installation and a small discount on the kit cost delivers savings of around $500AUD, but we need the bike for about 3 weeks. It takes that long for special stainless steel brackets to be designed and cut - IF we require them, but we usually do.....then it takes another 4 weeks to do all the documentation to bring the kit to market. The bike is not required for that however, so the minimum time required is about one week, but usually three. We are in Mt. Waverley. Come see us or give us a call if you want to discuss - 03 98082804. I am on holiday right now - 0408 750 122.

Unfortunately, I live in Wollongong, otherwise you could have mine to use.  Please keep us informed, as there are quite a few people interested in cruise control.  Have you thought of utilising the existing controls from the Super Tenere?  There are switch positions available on the Tracer, as they use the same controls on both bikes.

Hi Jordo27 I am in Brisbane, had mine done this morning, very smooth now. Kev does it only about 10kms from where I am, he took it out and done the reflash for$200, you can send it to him and he will do also. Well worth it.
Hey Amigo1456, thanks again for the quick reply - sounds awesome and for $200 seems like a bargain especially when it included removing and reinstalling. Has the re flash just smoothed out all the engine modes? How is A mode? Any other benefits (in know its only been a day, but when you have a chance can you send an update. Do you have Kev's business name and contact details? Ride safe and enjoy. Cheers

Hi jordo27
Sorry about the delay, busy working, the bike is smooth in every gear, it's a great bike from the factory but omg this reflash turns it into a beast, defaulted to A mode but so useable, today I was spinning the wheel in 2nd gear with traction control on, cooling fan lowered to come on at 95 degrees also. Best money you will spend. If you want to know more call me on 0414958966
Regards Kerryy

Hey Kerry, thanks for the reply and details, it sounds awesome and I am very keen to have this done, especially after your feedback and everyone on the forum. I am somewhat hand, but the fact they will remove the ECU flash it and reinstall is very appealing. I am in Sydney, so may have to plan a trip to QLD.... Thanks for the offer to call too, I may just do that. I had a tail tidy installed (R&G recommended by dealer & I didn't even think to ask the question & I was the first to buy one so they were unaware too) and now the panniers want fit so I need to get new indicators installed as a priority. Thanks again - you are a LEGEND. 

Sounds like a ride to qld is in order :)
Cool. Keep in touch, we may be able to get a SEQ group ride going to meet you and whoever else from NSW is up. Tip - stay out of Byron shire, was there last week and the roads, even in town, are very very very potholed, very dangerous.
I have pics.

IMG_20150706_131804_zpsv7f78oui.jpg