Aussie MT-09 Tracer thread....

• Supporting Member

G'day Scoti, There have been a few different methods for doing this - some riskier than others (electrically speaking).  Have a trawl around this forum for headlight mods etc.  Here's one I found for example.

What I and some others have done, if you don't generally ride at night and/or use your high beam, is to simply aim the high beam lamp down with the adjusters until it lines up with the low beam lamp. Aim at a wall while adjusting or some such.

I've done this and don't get flashed by annoyed oncoming traffic so it seems to work.  YMMV.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
8 hours ago, Scoti said:

I hate the stupid single lowbeam light a lot of bikes have now , looks like a blown globe .

I had a Copper pull me over to tell me I had a blown globe . I had to show him my Handbook , and explain or i would have gotten a defect ?

I also hate the ghetto 'burned out bulb' look of the single light design, I did as @dazzler24 mentioned, aim the high beam down and run high beams on all of the time.  I don't ride at night so I don't need the different beam spread.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Thanks for your reply to this Odd Problem on modern bikes .

I live in a back country area and need that high beam to be high , to see roads and kangaroos etc .

I have tried this adjustment method ,and it works well for daytime riding .

Im still working on a complete fix for my Tracer !

Im am getting to a stage in my life when dodging roo`s and sheep will make night time riding a thing of the past for me .

Does anyone know where to get a 15 model flashed in Sydney at a reasonable price. 

I don’t want a individual tune, just get rid of the ridiculous fuel shut off at closed throttle and enable a quickshifter.