Anyone else have multiple bikes

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Along with my Matte Grey 2015 FJ-09 I have 3 R1200c BMWs and one 2016 Indian Chieftain.. All bikes are grey or matte grey/silver..
As a very long-time BMW-er, I believe that the Motorrad Colour Palette book is titled "Fifty Shades of Grey" (or Gray). 
But they are slowly getting there: my last BMW was an R1200 R Roadster with the paintwork claimed to be "Racing Red".   It was actually much closer to KTM Orange than any red I've ever seen, both in the flesh and in the camera!

P1030244.jpg

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

P1030681.jpg

My 1997 VFR. Many enjoyable miles and still in the stable but she doesn't get out much anymore

P1030188.jpg

Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

I like the red striping you added. A member on here gave me that idea a few months back to help break-up the all the black on my 2016 FJ. Heck maybe it was you, and i hope you don't mind if i copy you because it looks great!

2019 Tracer 900 GT. 2022 MT-09SP. 2002 Buell S3T Thunderbolt. 2016 FJ-09 SOLD. 2019 XSR900 SOLD.

Down to only 2 at the moment.
2015 FJ-09 (leftover I bought end of August 2017)
2012 Super Tenere (Bought in 2014 with only 9,000 miles on.

Yamaha FJR1300 (sold at about 140,000 miles) Typical Yamaha not a bit of a problem ever.
Suzuki DL650 (WeeStrom ... sold at about 105,000 miles)
Honda ST1100 (Loved that bike)
Honda ST1300 (Alone in that I always preferred the ST1100 I sold to get the ST1300)
Ridley Biggest piece of junk I have ever owned -- even worse than my Chevy Vega, and 1961 VW Bus)

+1 on the red striping.  Really like it.   
Wonder how gold  striping would work in order to match forks??

I take it you refer to pinstriped wheel rims, and I'll bet that more than one person has done this, vijay, and quite possibly added to the effect by putting a gold stripe along the long and narrow under-tank 'seam' or recess... as on my bike.   I went a few steps further and after painting my pannier lids to match the tank put some gold pinstriping around the edge of the paint-line, and added some gold chrome 'TRACER' decals.   It all matches up nicely with the gold fork, IMHO. 

P1040190.jpg

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

+1 on the red striping.  Really like it.   
Wonder how gold  striping would work in order to match forks??

I take it you refer to pinstriped wheel rims, and I'll bet that more than one person has done this, vijay, and quite possibly added to the effect by putting a gold stripe along the long and narrow under-tank 'seam' or recess... as on my bike.   I went a few steps further and after painting my pannier lids to match the tank put some gold pinstriping around the edge of the paint-line, and added some gold chrome 'TRACER' decals.   It all matches up nicely with the gold fork, IMHO. 

P1040190.jpg

Thanks for the picture.

Your right I think it would go well. BTW I did something similar with the FJR bags on my FJ-09. Put gold accent sideways V (i.e. >) towards the back 1/2 of the bags. I think it helped quite a bit.

I think I will get that gold tape and try it.

Thank you again Wordsmith for the picture.

I like the red striping you added. A member on here gave me that idea a few months back to help break-up the all the black on my 2016 FJ. Heck maybe it was you, and i hope you don't mind if i copy you because it looks great!
Nope, I can't take credit for it.  Original poster even posted part #'s for the EOM decals. I credited him back then and would do it again if I remembered who it was. 
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member
Cool bobber above!

Along with my '15 Red FJ-09, I have a "mature" '93 Honda ST-1100 (177K miles), a '89 Honda NX-250, a '84 Honda VF-500F Interceptor (I bought new in '84) and a TTR-50.

The Interceptor is in a state of "restification", and I'm in no hurry to complete it. The NX has an electrical gremlin and is awaiting some attention. Really need to get it going again as 2 of my daughters want to learn to ride and it will be great for that.

The ST is my LD bike, and the FJ is for play! TTR for the grand kids.

Each has something that makes me grin!

Archived