Another New Owner In SoCal

woozer

Hello All - I bought my FJ09 this past Saturday, I live in Lakewood (surrounded by Long Beach) and belong to a club of mostly sportbike and adventure riders who are all quite envious of my new toy.
Until a couple months ago, I had a Triumph Street Triple R that I thought I was quite happy with, but in a burst of temporary insanity, I sold it and put down a deposit on the forthcoming Indian Scout. When literally every one of my bike pals said something along the lines of "Nice bike, but are you sure....?" and then production slowed down due to qc issues and I gave up and now here I am.
Casting about for an alternative bike that was not vaporware, it was either the FJ or a Honda Interceptor. I can't take the cranked over riding position anymore, which ruled in FJ's favor, and the incredible value-for-money sealed the deal. Going for a couple of long rides in the next week to get the break-in service done before my club's monthly ride.
The other vehicle in my garage is a fully supermoto'd Suzuki DR650, as I think of it and the FJ "From the sublime to the ridiculous." Looking forward to meeting and riding with other FJ owners.
Cheers,
Lou

Congrats from Long Beach!
Just to openly one-up you and tell you about the upper rpm range in "A"...
I got mine in N.Hollywood mid January.
I'm sure you've noticed she purrs like a tiger, but that upper half is violent like one too.

A word of advice when you get to this point, the center-stand gets in the way of oil changes like hairy donkey balls; invest in set of spools and a stand if you don't already have them.

A word of advice when you get to this point, the center-stand gets in the way of oil changes like hairy donkey balls; invest in set of spools and a stand if you don't already have them.
I have done an oil change and had no interference with the center stand.  I also have a stand and wouldn't even think of using it on the FJ.  What did you find to be a problem?

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• Premium Member
Congrats from Long Beach! Just to openly one-up you and tell you about the upper rpm range in "A"...
I'm sure you've noticed she purrs like a tiger, but that upper half is violent like one too.

When I changed my oil I had it on the center stand and had zero problems. Maybe you need a new oil pan that will fit better, or a shaver for your donkey balls. :D 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Congrats from Long Beach! Just to openly one-up you and tell you about the upper rpm range in "A"...

When I changed my oil I had it on the center stand and had zero problems. Maybe you need a new oil pan that will fit better, or a shaver for your donkey balls. :D
The center-stand is close enough to the drain plug, for at least the oil catch pan that I utilized, to not catch the entire oil stream.
Plus the drain pattern kind of surprised me, usually the oil just pours out of the drain - without a spray pattern (I guess newer bikes spout oil differently?).

Don't you dare try to shave my donkey's balls!

Guest eatpasta
The center-stand is close enough to the drain plug, for at least the oil catch pan that I utilized, to not catch the entire oil stream. Plus the drain pattern kind of surprised me, usually the oil just pours out of the drain - without a spray pattern (I guess newer bikes spout oil differently?).

foil.jpg?w=300&h=225 

Guest eatpasta
8-)Hey @eatpasta, that foil is for roasting potatoes! Just add salt now, you heckler!
hey now - just because you're right......well yeah there you go 

:o

I think I ran out of foil that day. I always use to "foil" my oil changes just to keep the job neat and clean, but I ended up getting sliders and spools from OESaccessories. The spools themselves were about $24 w/shipping.

Cheesewhiz, broccoli and crumbled bacon... baked potato.
Cut length-wise into bananas and stuff chocolate into them for the roast.

Archived