April 9th - Day Ride

duhs10

Hello everyone... Anyone in the southeast is welcome to join a day ride in the GA/NC/TN mountains. @fjmax and I are planning to meet and ride for the day. No specific details as of yet. Let us know if you are interested.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
You should at least list a meeting place so we could see if it's possible. I'm in Western North Carolina but perhaps not werternly enough??

Brick
2015 Yamaha FJ-09 "Red Molly"
2014 Yamaha Super Tenere' ES
1999 Suzuki SV650

@brick this isn't really an organized meet at the moment.. @fjmax created a thread Looking for some people to ride with and I created a thread in the southeast section to see if we could drum up some interest.

I will be coming from south of Atlanta, so I would probably meet @fjmax somewhere in north GA. I'm sure we can figure out some meeting places in the next month.

If you are interested, @brick, throw some spots out there that would be good meeting places. Any ideas @fjmax?

Fayetteville, GA, USA

I was thinking of riding through the skyway , and dragon and maybe eating lunch at that little restaurant they have. But, I'm up for riding anywhere. Also another idea is riding through suches and blood mountain to that two wheels only in Georgia.

Deals gap and the Skyway are a little far for a day ride for me. 4 hour drive/ride to get there. I can make it happen if that's where more people want to go, but I would prefer Blood Mountain/Suches area.

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
I'm interested and up for either ride. I've never been to Deals Gap or the Skyway. The Suches / Blood Mountain area is amazing riding and easier for a day ride. It's only about 100 miles north of me.

I'm interested and up for either ride. I've never been to Deals Gap or the Skyway. The Suches / Blood Mountain area is amazing riding and easier for a day ride. It's only about 100 miles north of me.
Excellent.. I have recruited a few of my friends in the Atlanta area to tag along. Other than the FJs, looks like we will have a '76 Honda CB750, a '15 Triumph Street Twin, a '15 Triumph Speed Triple, a '08 Vulcan Nomad, and possibly a '05 Kawasaki Concourse. We will see..

I would like to go ahead and make the plan for the Suches area. The Skyway and Dragon are just too far away for me to justify a day ride. Are you cool with that @fjmax?

Fayetteville, GA, USA

I will be coming from Fayetteville through Atlanta, then up GA 400/US 19 past Alpharetta and Cumming. We could meet somewhere along 19 like Dahlonega. I could probably be up there between 1000 and 1100.

@Fjmax and @Superfist, where will you be coming from? If there is somewhere better we could meet along your route that's fine too.

It would also depend on where our starting point would be and what roads you want to ride.

Fayetteville, GA, USA

I will be coming from Fayetteville through Atlanta, then up GA 400/US 19 past Alpharetta and Cumming. We could meet somewhere along 19 like Dahlonega. I could probably be up there between 1000 and 1100. 
@Fjmax and @Superfist, where will you be coming from? If there is somewhere better we could meet along your route that's fine too.

It would also depend on where our starting point would be and what roads you want to ride.

I live in north Georgia towards dalton. I will be going through ellijay and blue ridge. We can meet at the two wheels only.

I live in north Georgia towards dalton. I will be going through ellijay and blue ridge. We can meet at the two wheels only.
I'm good with that.

I will try to get everyone going early and give you a call when we are on the way so that you have an ETA.

Out of the group I have invited one lives in Atlanta, one lives in Canton and the rest live in Fayetteville. So I will have to meet up with those guys somewhere along the way before I get to Suches.

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Archived