April 9th - Day Ride

duhs10

Duhs10- I may be able to meet up I Ellijay. I know some good back roads to Suches that are a lot more fun tha going up 515.

That's the way I will be going. Crossing fort mountain into Ellijay .

Ellijay and Suches are about the same distance from me. So we could meet up in Ellijay. Just depends on where we want to do the majority of our riding. If we are going to stay between Suches and Helen for the day, then you guys could meet in Ellijay and meet the group I am bringing in Suches.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's the way I will be going. Crossing fort mountain into Ellijay .
Ellijay and Suches are about the same distance from me. So we could meet up in Ellijay. Just depends on where we want to do the majority of our riding. If we are going to stay between Suches and Helen for the day, then you guys could meet in Ellijay and meet the group I am bringing in Suches.

I think the majority of the riding will be the most fun around suches/Helen and blood mountain.

• Premium Member
I live within a few minutes of the I-285 / I-85 interchange in northeast Atlanta. I normally run up I85 and west on 60 through Dahlonega to Suches, so that would be easiest for me.

I don't mind planning a route to Ellijay if it meets the needs of the group, or I can just meet everyone in Suches depending on time.

I live within a few minutes of the I-285 / I-85 interchange in northeast Atlanta. I normally run up I85 and west on 60 through Dahlonega to Suches, so that would be easiest for me. 
I don't mind planning a route to Ellijay if it meets the needs of the group, or I can just meet everyone in Suches depending on time.

I'm going to go directly to Suches and meet everyone there. @superfist so if you want to meet up with the group I'm bringing as we go through the north side of Atlanta you're more than welcome to, or we can just all meet in Suches.

I figure @rlewis and @fjmax can meet in Elijay then come across to Suches to meet up with everyone else.

Fayetteville, GA, USA

TWO has good burgers.  We should plan on doing lunch there, unless someone else knows a good place.  
Sounds good to me.

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• 3 weeks later...
So next Sunday is the big ride!!! Everyone still up for it?
I'm good to go.. my dad and neighbor will no longer be coming. Still may have a few friends tag along. I'm going to confirm with them tonight.

What time do you want to meet in Suches? I think we said lunch time but did we pick an actual time to shoot for?

Fayetteville, GA, USA

So next Sunday is the big ride!!! Everyone still up for it?
I'm good to go.. my dad and neighbor will no longer be coming. Still may have a few friends tag along. I'm going to confirm with them tonight. 
What time do you want to meet in Suches? I think we said lunch time but did we pick an actual time to shoot for?

I'm thinking 12 to 1230. We eat lunch and then tear the twisties up?

- - - so if we are meeting at TWO in Suches around noon, anyone interested can meet up in Ellijay about 11. We can take some back roads to Suches (all paved) and it will be about an hour ride. Who wants to meet at the Ellijay square around 11AM? Looks like the weather is going to be great!

Ride Safe!

- - - so if we are meeting at TWO in Suches around noon, anyone interested can meet up in Ellijay about 11. We can take some back roads to Suches (all paved) and it will be about an hour ride. Who wants to meet at the Ellijay square around 11AM? Looks like the weather is going to be great!  

Ride Safe!

I will. I will be coming up fort mountain into ellijay

• Premium Member
I don't think we could ask for better! =)

Edit:  Img add button not working, blocked at work. So, direct link!
Okay, so it won't let me post a link to the image on I-m-g-u-r either....  and apparently, just the word gets replaced with the "Use add image button" message.
Anyhow, it was a weather search for Suches, GA. Sunday April 9th is supposed to be sunny with a high of 70. Mid to upper 60's most of the day.
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#safe=strict&q=weather+suches+GA&*&spf=731

Archived