Does European Tracer need ECU reflash?

sheridan

• Premium Member
@wessie after 500 km I think I can feel that throttle is jerky :( 
Are here anybody from Europe who flashed ECU and can tell the difference?
the fuelling is crude compared to some bikes but not as bad as others - I have always had big twin cylinder bikes so I am quite tolerant of low speed surges. I still don't feel the need to change the ECU map as it is adequate, and I do quite a bit of stop/start city riding on my commute, where the crudeness is more evident. 

since this thread was created I have acquired a 2016 BMW R1200RS with the latest iteration of Bosch's fuel injection. This is butter smooth at all revs. despite having 2 cylinders of just under 600cc each. The Tracer feels a little agricultural in comparison, but that's what you get when your budget is over 50% higher.  
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

@owle , yep it was me. I understand that even im my (European) case the reflash will be the best decision. The best price has veloxracing from England as i remember. 157 usd.
sheridan, please keep us updated if and when you have a reflash, i would be interested in your thoughts if you use veloxracing. 
Thanks owle

Archived