Yoshimura Y- Series Exhaust for the FJ-09

2whltuner

Sorry for my lack of updates. After a couple weeks of riding, I'm loving this exhaust. It's definitely louder than stock, but it's not obnoxious and is fine at constant highway speeds. Tone is a bigger difference from stock, though. It's beefier, gruntier, meaner, racier. It's a bit intoxicating and makes you wanna crack the throttle just a liiiittle bit more...

I've noticed a performance increase, as well. Pulls hard without any lean spots. Though that may be due more to the excellent tune from @2wheeldynoworks.

I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry for my lack of updates. After a couple weeks of riding, I'm loving this exhaust. It's definitely louder than stock, but it's not obnoxious and is fine at constant highway speeds. Tone is a bigger difference from stock, though. It's beefier, gruntier, meaner, racier. It's a bit intoxicating and makes you wanna crack the throttle just a liiiittle bit more... 

Got mine installed a couple days ago and I think this is very well said, not too much louder than stock but just enough with a lot more bass and grunt. It's plenty loud with baffle in definitely not going to touch it.

X2hoiM-5q9cA9W8ZrOB_9yK5CEfooqjLXs4M7lAzOHPPoDH4uJNScGvb49EAyI9_OOumVDBu5FSXWyQ=w1920-h943-rw
'17 electric white fj - oem heated grips - oem hard side bags - heated corbin saddle - mra touring screen - motodynamic tail light - baja designs led turn signals - yoshimura full exhaust/fender eliminator - k-tech razor r rear shock/front fork kit - evotech radiator guard - mt-09 adventure pegs - pazzo shorty levers - stainless bar end weights
'19 Husky fe501 - cut off a few things and fixed the fueling

Got mine installed a couple days ago and I think this is very well said, not too much louder than stock but just enough with a lot more bass and grunt. It's plenty loud with baffle in definitely not going to touch it. 

X2hoiM-5q9cA9W8ZrOB_9yK5CEfooqjLXs4M7lAzOHPPoDH4uJNScGvb49EAyI9_OOumVDBu5FSXWyQ=w1920-h943-rw
Glad you like it! I'm loving mine a bit more with every ride. 

• 1 month later...
As I work part time @ a Yamaha shop I got a killer price on the Yosh system. Not in hand yet but not worrying as bike is in Florida & I'm in NY. November will be installed along with ECU flash.
If your near Fort Myers check out Vcyclenut for your flash.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• 1 month later...
How does the power/torque dyno compare to the akrapovic ti system?
Do we know how the sound compares to the Akra Ti? I will check for videos but as many know, it's hard to compare using the youtubes.
2017 FJ-09 - Yoshimura Y-series Exhaust / MRA Sport Screen / Evotech Rad Guard & Fork Sliders / Custom LED Rear Tail Light / Lowering Links / Mirror Extenders / Low Seat / Tail Tidy / Shogun Swingarm Sliders - Touring mods > Madstad 20" screen (on standby) / SHAD SH36 Hard Cases / SW-Motech Rear Alu-rack - Mods not yet installed > Fender Extender - Mods on the way > MT09 Adventure Pegs / Sargent seats / Knuckle Guard leds / Speedtech Photon Flush Mount LED signals / SW Motech Frame Sliders

How does the power/torque dyno compare to the akrapovic ti system? Do we know how the sound compares to the Akra Ti? I will check for videos but as many know, it's hard to compare using the youtubes.

https://fj-09.org/thread/3394/fj-current-exhaust-flash-options 
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Thanks. The Yoshimura looks good. As much or more HP and torque across the rpm range as the Akrapovic exhausts but I think the Yoshimura is a few LBS lighter than the Akra Ti.
2017 FJ-09 - Yoshimura Y-series Exhaust / MRA Sport Screen / Evotech Rad Guard & Fork Sliders / Custom LED Rear Tail Light / Lowering Links / Mirror Extenders / Low Seat / Tail Tidy / Shogun Swingarm Sliders - Touring mods > Madstad 20" screen (on standby) / SHAD SH36 Hard Cases / SW-Motech Rear Alu-rack - Mods not yet installed > Fender Extender - Mods on the way > MT09 Adventure Pegs / Sargent seats / Knuckle Guard leds / Speedtech Photon Flush Mount LED signals / SW Motech Frame Sliders

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I assume this fits the 2017 and no issues with the centre stand?

Where can I find or order this P/N 2SC-E46D0-V0-00 exhaust in Canada at a reasonable price?
I live in the Toronto Ontario area. Very expensive on the Yamaha Canada website.

I think I found a good place to Source the Yoshimura Exhaust.

Is this exhaust something I can install myself if I'm reasonably handy there's no interference with the center stand or anything?

the biggest pain is removing the stock exhaust... IIRC you gotta have the bike on the center stand to get the stock exhaust out... it dont hurt to invite a buddy or two over with a case of "adult juice boxes" for an exhaust install to maybe help hold the exhaust pipe gaskets in place? ... it is a good idea to wipe the new exhaust down with mineral spirits to get rid of any grim, finger prints, oils, etc before firing the bike up to hear the new sound... then go hammer on the throttle for a tank of gas to color the exhaust pipes ?
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

... IIRC you gotta have the bike on the center stand to get the stock exhaust out...

The easiest way I found to get the stock exhaust off was to have the bike on the side stand and move the center stand as needed while pulling the exhaust through. May work with the bike on the center stand as well, regardless which approach you take it isn't difficult.

Also, use a torque wrench to keep from over-tightening the header flange nuts.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

It's not difficult to install. Rear stand if you have one or sidestand if not will help leave the centerstand free to move making it easier to get the oem unit out. On higher mileage bikes I usually have new exhaust gaskets on hand when swapping out headers.