Yoshimura Y- Series Exhaust for the FJ-09

2whltuner

I sprayed the bolts. Everything came apart easy and the exhaust was not too difficult to remove. Had to interupt the process. Going to install the Yoshimura later today or tomorrow.

I was going to use anti-seize compound on the bolts mainly the manifold. Any suggestions?

2017 FJ-09 - Yoshimura Y-series Exhaust / MRA Sport Screen / Evotech Rad Guard & Fork Sliders / Custom LED Rear Tail Light / Lowering Links / Mirror Extenders / Low Seat / Tail Tidy / Shogun Swingarm Sliders - Touring mods > Madstad 20" screen (on standby) / SHAD SH36 Hard Cases / SW-Motech Rear Alu-rack - Mods not yet installed > Fender Extender - Mods on the way > MT09 Adventure Pegs / Sargent seats / Knuckle Guard leds / Speedtech Photon Flush Mount LED signals / SW Motech Frame Sliders

I sprayed the bolts. Everything came apart easy and the exhaust was not too difficult to remove. Had to interupt the process. Going to install the Yoshimura later today or tomorrow. 
I was going to use anti-seize compound on the bolts mainly the manifold. Any suggestions?

I would not recommend antiseize because of the extreme heat.
Like I said my bike has 16000kms and I had no issue removing the nuts, and if you use proper torque (20nm) it should come off pretty easy next time as well.

Has anyone weighed this system or a stock system for comparison?

I just did. The stock exhaust is 18.6 LBS and the Yoshimura is 12.6 LBS.
2017 FJ-09 - Yoshimura Y-series Exhaust / MRA Sport Screen / Evotech Rad Guard & Fork Sliders / Custom LED Rear Tail Light / Lowering Links / Mirror Extenders / Low Seat / Tail Tidy / Shogun Swingarm Sliders - Touring mods > Madstad 20" screen (on standby) / SHAD SH36 Hard Cases / SW-Motech Rear Alu-rack - Mods not yet installed > Fender Extender - Mods on the way > MT09 Adventure Pegs / Sargent seats / Knuckle Guard leds / Speedtech Photon Flush Mount LED signals / SW Motech Frame Sliders

I would not recommend antiseize because of the extreme heat.
Like I said my bike has 16000kms and I had no issue removing the nuts, and if you use proper torque (20nm) it should come off pretty easy next time as well.

I thought there is anti-seize compound for extreme heat such as exhaust manifold bolts. A friend cautioned, and I have heard stories about nightmare exhaust manifold bolt (nuts) removal work.(although my friends stories involved old vw automobiles)

What would be the downside of using anti-seize compound if it is rated for extreme heat?

Has anyone weighed this system or a stock system for comparison?
Thaks for that. I’m waiting to hear back from 2WDynoworks as to whether there is a custom tune for this exhaust. 
2008 Street Triple G
2015 FJ-09

Thaks for that. I’m waiting to hear back from 2WDynoworks as to whether there is a custom tune for this exhaust. 

Pretty sure there is... This thread was started by him.

Does anybody know the size of wrench I should use for the 02 sensor? I used an adjustable wrench and HATE doing that. Although I just bought a set of adjustable crescent vice grip wrenches...lol.

• Premium Member
Does anybody know the size of wrench I should use for the 02 sensor? I used an adjustable wrench and HATE doing that. Although I just bought a set of adjustable crescent vice grip wrenches...lol.
How wide did the adjustable wrench have to open to fit the sensor? tongue.png
Should have just gotten an adjustable metric wrench.
BLB

How wide did the adjustable wrench have to open to fit the sensor? tongue.png
Should have just gotten an adjustable metric wrench. 
I should have brought the sensor to the store.

Clarification for anybody installing this, because it is not clearly explained.

DO NOT install the muffler bracket mount onto the frame as pictured below. It contacts the swingarm and looks like during suspension top out the swingarm may put pressure on the bracket. Instead, mount the bracket on the other side of that part of the frame as pictured in the next photo.

fj09_muffler_bracket_to_frame.jpg

Install it as shown in the below photo. It requires flipping the muffler mount damper and collar which is not in the instructions.

fj09_muffler_bracket_to_frame_left_side.jpg

This worked properly and once the springs are installed and everything torqued, it fits in place perfectly.

Not impressed with manufacturing tolerances. Middle header is slightly offset to the right. I can't guess to exactly how much, but, suffice to say you can see it when installing the header on the copper gaskets...and the proof is the Yoshimura oval exhaust flange washer needed extra oomph to get onto and down the bolts. I imagine once all tightened in place this difference will not affect performance, but...not great in my opinion.

Ok. I did not have to force it too much. It's on there. Just not lined up as much as I would have liked.

(Any idea which side of the frame flange the Muffler bracket connects too? I think it goes on the left as it doesn't seem to fit otherwise.)

In the end I figured out that it does in fact go on the left in order for everything to fit properly.