Yoshimura Y- Series Exhaust for the FJ-09

2whltuner

Anyone know if this fits with the Higdonion trail cage?
@higdonion ?? I believe I read that the newest version of the cage can accommodate just about all aftermarket exhaust systems. Have to ask the man himself for previous versions.. tagged him for you. 

Right. The GEN2 accommodates a lot more, but I liked the look of the GEN1 cage more so that is that I am running. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Can someone that has this exhaust installed comment on the clearance between the exhaust canister and their right foot? From the pictures, it looks like your right heel would come into contact with the pipe. Maybe it’s just the angle of the pictures that make it look that way?

Cheers

Rob

3 hours ago, rlambke19 said:

Can someone that has this exhaust installed comment on the clearance between the exhaust canister and their right foot? From the pictures, it looks like your right heel would come into contact with the pipe. Maybe it’s just the angle of the pictures that make it look that way?

Cheers

Rob

Mine has been on for several thousand miles and I don't appear to be contacting it. YMMV. For reference: I ride in US size 10 boots, usually peg is at midpoint of boot and the heel doesn't reach the muffler, if tilting the horizon a bit peg is under toes/ball and boot is higher than the muffler.  

1 hour ago, chitown said:

Mine has been on for several thousand miles and I don't appear to be contacting it. YMMV. For reference: I ride in US size 10 boots, usually peg is at midpoint of boot and the heel doesn't reach the muffler, if tilting the horizon a bit peg is under toes/ball and boot is higher than the muffler.  

Thanks! That’s how I ride as well in the same size boots. 

Question - how does this finish stand up? Is it easy to keep clean? I normally go with Carbon Fibre cans...pretty easy to clean without worrying about tarnishing etc.

Edited by rlambke19
Update

23 hours ago, rlambke19 said:

Thanks! That’s how I ride as well in the same size boots. 

Question - how does this finish stand up? Is it easy to keep clean? I normally go with Carbon Fibre cans...pretty easy to clean without worrying about tarnishing etc.

So far it's standing up fine and hasn't been difficult to keep clean. 

• 2 months later...
On 9/15/2018 at 7:57 PM, acesand8s said:

Anyone know if this fits with the Higdonion trail cage?

Hi, have you figured out if the cage fits with this exhaust? 

Any one with this exhaust there is prolly no option to remove baffles from exhaust right? 

• 2 weeks later...

@3sum 

need some advise guys, I been having difficulty with the exhaust hanger part, there is barely any room to squeeze in a wrench in there. With minimal space to work with I couldn’t pass the bolt and tighten but tonight. Going to tackle it another day. The exhaust is almost touching most of the surrounding stuff like frame rear foot heel guards etc Am I doing something wrong here? 

• Premium Member

No, you’re not doing anything wrong @TracerDoc, at least not according to how my install went. You’re describing all things I experienced, too. This is shitty advice, but just keep working with it. Keep all of your connections loose until you get that hanger bolt started. I cussed and threw a tool or two that evening I put mine on. 

I remember my exhaust being about 1/16” away from the swingarm at first. I just kept twisting and playing with it until I got it right. I won’t lie; after a while I legitimately thought I’d gotten a bad exhaust because of the super tight tolerances.  But I stayed with it and got it to work. 

Sometimes walking away like you did is a good thing. Tackle it another day. 

• Thumbsup 2

IIRC Yosh doesn't say to remove the rear wheel but I did and was glad to have the room to work. Once everything was in place by hand used a ratchet with an extension from in front of the peg to get the bolt head and end wrench parallel to the muffler to hold the nut. 

• Thumbsup 1

@3sum @chitown Thx guys, I finally got it in. At one point I was like I am just gonna freaking take all this shit off and sell it and go back to stock lol this was mainly because of my hatred for exhaust hangers in general. :D

then I decided to take the peg bolts off, used a rope to move the whole peg brake assembly aside so I don’t have to mess with any brake line and stuff. This gave a lot of working space and visibility. Then it went in much easier. 

The clearence between exhaust and rear swing arm is still very minimal. I hope it is okay for regular road use. 

• Thumbsup 1

9 hours ago, TracerDoc said:

@3sum @chitown do you guys remember by any chance if there was a washer or gasket something for the o2 sensor when going into the y series exhaust? I did t have any or prolly lost/forgot it. When running bike it feels like minute leak around here. 

Believe so. I'm not near my bike for a few days so can't look. Isn't listed separately on the parts fiche but looking at a couple o2 sensors for sale on ebay you can see what looks like one. 

1937412972_ScreenShot2019-03-28at5_38_43AM.png.13a3596a15c1f1250edf05691a4e511e.png

• 1 month later...

So it appears that 2SC-E46D0-V0-00 for the FJ-09 has been discontinued by Yamaha. 

There is a newer model for the MT-09 and Tracer, they only difference i can see is the different model graphic on the muffler. 

There is BS2-E46D0-V0-00 with the MT-09 graphic on the muffler, and B1J-E46D0-V0-00 with the Tracer graphic on the muffler.

Are there any differences in the exhaust systems of the FJ-09 and MT-09/Tracer models? Looking at aftermarket exhausts, the part numbers seem to match across all models. Im thinking about ordering a MT-09 model for my 2017 FJ.