2whltuner

Yoshimura Y- Series Exhaust for the FJ-09

Anyone know if this fits with the Higdonion trail cage?
@higdonion ?? I believe I read that the newest version of the cage can accommodate just about all aftermarket exhaust systems. Have to ask the man himself for previous versions.. tagged him for you. 

Right. The GEN2 accommodates a lot more, but I liked the look of the GEN1 cage more so that is that I am running. 

Can someone that has this exhaust installed comment on the clearance between the exhaust canister and their right foot? From the pictures, it looks like your right heel would come into contact with the pipe. Maybe it’s just the angle of the pictures that make it look that way?

Cheers

Rob

3 hours ago, rlambke19 said:

Can someone that has this exhaust installed comment on the clearance between the exhaust canister and their right foot? From the pictures, it looks like your right heel would come into contact with the pipe. Maybe it’s just the angle of the pictures that make it look that way?

Cheers

Rob

Mine has been on for several thousand miles and I don't appear to be contacting it. YMMV. For reference: I ride in US size 10 boots, usually peg is at midpoint of boot and the heel doesn't reach the muffler, if tilting the horizon a bit peg is under toes/ball and boot is higher than the muffler.  

1 hour ago, chitown said:

Mine has been on for several thousand miles and I don't appear to be contacting it. YMMV. For reference: I ride in US size 10 boots, usually peg is at midpoint of boot and the heel doesn't reach the muffler, if tilting the horizon a bit peg is under toes/ball and boot is higher than the muffler.  

Thanks! That’s how I ride as well in the same size boots. 

Question - how does this finish stand up? Is it easy to keep clean? I normally go with Carbon Fibre cans...pretty easy to clean without worrying about tarnishing etc.

Edited by rlambke19
Update

23 hours ago, rlambke19 said:

Thanks! That’s how I ride as well in the same size boots. 

Question - how does this finish stand up? Is it easy to keep clean? I normally go with Carbon Fibre cans...pretty easy to clean without worrying about tarnishing etc.

So far it's standing up fine and hasn't been difficult to keep clean. 

On 9/15/2018 at 7:57 PM, acesand8s said:

Anyone know if this fits with the Higdonion trail cage?

Hi, have you figured out if the cage fits with this exhaust? 

Any one with this exhaust there is prolly no option to remove baffles from exhaust right?