Closeout pricing on Helmets boots & jackets, plz add to this

Cruizin

For you Canadian riders out there I always pick up my stuff from Fort Nine (previously Canadas Motorcycle) and they have a deals page at; https://fortnine.ca/en/deals
They are based in Quebec so you pay less tax than the rest of Canada and they ship super quick. I just bought a Bridgestone BT030 for my FJ and it was here in two days and way cheaper than at any dealer locally.

To join the helmet conversation I have a pretty average sized head but I rock medium sizes on both my helmets. Shoei GT Air and Shoei RF 1200. They are both great but with the stock windscreen I get the wind buffeting at my head so I still wear ear plugs for all my rides over 10 minutes.

If you have a long oval shaped head a lot of people suggest the Arai Signet-Q Pro-Tour. I have read that people with the long oval head get pressure headaches from the Shoei GT Air as it is a more rounded head shape helmet. So yeah, go try on some of the Arai Signet-Q series.

You want closeout pricing -- this place is named "Motorcycle Closeouts" [span] and probably at one time in the past, specialized in doing that.  Now they sell motorcycle stuff, sometimes at closeout prices.  I  have bought items from them and been pleased with the products and service.

I don't know anything about these closeout LS2 brand helmets but if the posted MSRP's are true, they are blowing them out at huge discounts: http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/hot+deals/huge+helmet+blowout+sale/f/brand-503/all?utm_source=MCC&utm_medium=email&utm_content=LS2Helmets50offSale2017&utm_campaign=17March 

Note that they don't have all models and colors in all sizes.  And if you know something about LS2 helmets,  let us know.[/span]

nothing specific right now but they run pretty great close-outs and also sell used stuff for customers. They take offers on the used stuff, which quite often is open box stuff from retailers. I picked up a nice leather jacket for $80 
http://www.motorcyclegear.com/
Dont forget about Riders Discount https://www.ridersdiscount.com  and Motorcycle Closeouts  http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/ 

Iron Pony has a closeout sale of MSR dual sport boots - most sizes and priced at $100 plus shipping. http://www.ironpony.com/ipd/pi.asp/ImageName/msrdlspt.jpg/Brand/MSR/c2/

MSR brand is Malcolm Smith Racing - the same Malcolm Smith who played a big part in definitive moto movie from the 60's - On Any Sunday, and current owner of a Yamaha dealership in Riverside CA. 

• 2 weeks later...
Well, i just lost another friend in a motorcycle accident. No helmet, les than a mile from his house. I now have to go to his house and help his wife tell his kids.

Just how in the hell do I do that? He is their hero. Their rock. Their only financial source, his oldest boy is disabled and the mom cannot handle him on her own.

Here is a blanket statement. If you ride without a helmet and you have family, you are a phucking idiot. It's selfish and the life you ruin isn't yours, it's your families lives that are ruined.

Get damn good gear. There are deals galore in this very thread, so you have no excuse. Good cold weather gear. Good warm weather gear.

Don't be an idiot. Wear good gear or park your bike until you can afford it.
  • Thanks 1

Well, i just lost another friend in a motorcycle accident. No helmet, les than a mile from his house. I now have to go to his house and help his wife tell his kids.  
Just how in the hell do I do that? He is their hero. Their rock. Their only financial source, his oldest boy is disabled and the mom cannot handle him on her own.

Here is a blanket statement. If you ride without a helmet and you have family, you are a phucking idiot. It's selfish and the life you ruin isn't yours, it's your families lives that are ruined.

Get damn good gear. There are deals galore in this very thread, so you have no excuse. Good cold weather gear. Good warm weather gear.

Don't be an idiot. Wear good gear or park your bike until you can afford it.
And then get a good life insurance policy to protect your family financially in the event that you're killed even while wearing gear. Term life insurance is not that expensive.

Thanks for the kind words. Turns out he was indeed just riding to the local store for a pack of smokes. the guy in the car behind him saw what happened and tried to help him until the paramedics arrived. He hit some gravel going around a corner at a very slow speed and lost control in the gravel. Massive head trauma from striking his head against a tree. Died in the ambulance and he could not be resuscitated.

All because he decided not to wear his helmet on a short ride to the store.

RIP Jim.

• 3 weeks later...

Got my Schuberth C-3 Pro observer helmet in mail today. Fits great and is the quietest helmet I have erv freakin owned. Love this thing!
Awesome helmet. The Sena 10-U also fits inside the helmet so nothing sticks out.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

I wish I could pick one up (Schuberth) but as of last week the only sizes left were Tiny Tim and Jolly Green giant!  (Update, only size now is Jolly Green Giant).  I did snag a Hi-Viz yellow jacket at half price.  Okay, it does say Triumph on it, but what the heck.  It's very comfortable and I decided it was time to be as visible as possible, regardless of the "cool factor" or lack thereof.  Condolences to Cruzin' on the loss of his friend.  That's a terrible shame.  You must live somewhere where riding without a helmet is still legal in this day and age?   

I wish I could pick one up (Schuberth) but as of last week the only sizes left were Tiny Tim and Jolly Green giant!  (Update, only size now is Jolly Green Giant).  I did snag a Hi-Viz yellow jacket at half price.  Okay, it does say Triumph on it, but what the heck.  It's very comfortable and I decided it was time to be as visible as possible, regardless of the "cool factor" or lack thereof.  Condolences to Cruzin' on the loss of his friend.  That's a terrible shame.  You must live somewhere where riding without a helmet is still legal in this day and age?   

Yes no helmet is legal here but only Harley guys do it. Hospital confirmed that helmet probably would have saved his life, massive head trauma.

You must live somewhere where riding without a helmet is still legal in this day and age?   
I can think of more states that don't require a helmet than states that have a mandatory helmet law. Most states only require helmets for children, but adults can ride without one. The state I currently live in is one of 4 with no helmet law on the books, so you can let your child ride on the back of your motorcycle with no helmet and it is totally legal. But you're a terrible parent if you're 5 year old isn't still using a booster seat while in the back seat of a mini-van. Makes zero sense whatsoever.  
I wish I could get people advocating for legal lane filtering the same way we have $ invested in fighting helmet laws.